Batteries

me, well i'm the copper top kinda guy. i dont really like recharging. just toss em. they can cost quite a bit, but i would rather jsut pop in some new ones rather than letting them charge up or have to remember to charge them the night before i go on a trip. i had a cd player that you could put the batteries in it and plug it into the wall and it would recharge ( before i tell the rest of the story : they were recharable batteries that were in the cd player) well the first time i tried to recharge them ( i did it the exact way the book told me to)' the damn thing short circuited or some crap and nearly caught my room a'blaze! the smell of ozone and burning plastic wouldnt leave my room for days. '
(stuff in the 's sorta rhyme. freaky i never commit vocal crime. wait wtf. that made no sense but...)

Last edited by a moderator:
buy a set of 4 rechargeables, charge both, run throug one set, pop in the next and recharge the old set while you use the new. what could be easier and more efficient and less expensive overtime? (you know, besides an adapter...)

I'm using 1700mAh Uniross that came as a set with charger. i also bought some panasonic 2000mAh batts. all sets take at least 5 hours to recharge.

Does anyone know, if i buy even higher capacitance batts, let's say some 2350mAh ones that were quoted just above, can i continue to use the same charger with these higher capacitance ones. Also, does anyone know if rapid chargers affect the conditioning of the cells? leaving batteries charging for 5 hours is a bit of a pain, but i'd sooner that, than have them lose ability to store charge properly and bugger them up through rapid charging...

I can't believe that more people don't have a I-C3 15min charger. 2000mah batteires, fully charged in 15 mins. I've got a Rayovac one, but radioshack sell a rebranded version of the same device.

The charger I have is a Duracell, it takes about 3-5 hours to charge and only cost 15 bucks, I almost bought another one that would have cost men $50 all together(4 AA and charger) rather than just $30 (4 batteries for 15).

Back