Batch 2'ers

zRichi

Just took the dive. Jacqueline said shipping would be end of Jan/Feb?
Can anyone confirm or deny this? Bit sad that it's taken 8 months to get 700 pandoras out :(
Also can someone from the team confirm how hard it would be to hardware mod the device later (bigger screen, new CPU). I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron.

i think mweston produced some kind of circuit board guide for modding stuff on an electronic level. just giving the connection spec and voltages and things. i cant remember where it is but i think things are definitely possible. in terms of making mods fit in the case... i really dont know. i am pretty sure things like the CPU are quite fixed. its unlikely you could change that, but the screen, extra buttons, etc should be feasible

zRichi said:
Jacqueline said shipping would be end of Jan/Feb? Can anyone confirm or deny this?
After a delay of more than two years, I'm fairly certain that nobody can confirm or deny this, not even the team. In my opinion Jacqueline should not make such comments as they are a bit deceiving.

I can try an estimation, but there is so much that can go wrong. Last summer it turned out the nubs were bad and had to be redesigned which delayed stuff by half a year.

We are currently awaiting the boards with nubs soldered. 350 of them are on their way right now, the remainder still needs to be made. It seems (this is totally unconfirmed data) that the board company can make about 250 boards per week (I certainly hope it will be more, but it doesn't really look like it so far).

For batch one alone, there are still 3000 outstanding orders. This would place the end of batch one in March 2011.
I believe the board company itself claimed they could make 500 per week which would end batch one half-way February, but I don't think that's very realistic.

So for batch two, I would say maybe March or April if nothing goes wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
[/quote]
Caine is right, I very much doubt that batch 2 will be done or even started in Early Feb,In fact I am 100 per cent sure IMO it won't happen, that estimate you got from Jackeline is way off the border by at least 5 or more months IMM
Dude I'm in Batch 1 and have been waiting since 2008, so you work it out if you'll be getting yours in Jan/Feb and your a 2nd batcher?

In my opinion the only chance for batch 2 to be finished by the end of February is setting up that new factory in Taiwan (which is even more undiscovered country than current suppliers).

If they haven't done so already, then setup and quality control alone will already cause them to miss a February deadline.

They told you Jan or Febuary? HA that is funny. I think you should just put a wild date out there like June 2011 and then watch this date go by with you not having a pandora in your hand. I ordered sept 30th 2008 and I doubt I will see mine before Feb.

edited for spelling

zRichi said:
Just took the dive. Jacqueline said shipping would be end of Jan/Feb?

mmmh i had exactly the same answer for jan/feb 2010... and i am between 3500 and 4000 in the batch 1 queue position

see http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52185-how-long-does-a-3895-pandora-production-take/page__view__findpost__p__819097

Guys, need an update here. In all honesty, if I ordered a pandora now when will be the best estimate that I would probably get it in my hands?

DRED said:
Guys, need an update here. In all honesty, if I ordered a pandora now when will be the best estimate that I would probably get it in my hands?
There are 500 more motherboards coming to be assembled for batch one.If circuit co.(they do the boards)can keep sending boards continuously then batch 2 shouldnt be that long.They can assemble about 500 pandoras in one week at openpandora.quote evildragonMy linkedit at a guess march.

Dude, I ordered my Pandora from the first batch on the very first day of preordering (albeit towards the end of that day) and I haven't had my Pandora yet, nor a despatch email. Don't count on batch 2 anytime soon.

DRED said:
In all honesty, if I ordered a pandora now when will be the best estimate that I would probably get it in my hands?
When all the current orders are finished. If they are able to ship 500 a week, then probably some time in March or April, depending on how many people ordered ahead of you.

If they get more than 8000 orders and need to order more parts, then it might take longer.

kaprikawn said:
Dude, I ordered my Pandora from the first batch on the very first day of preordering (albeit towards the end of that day) and I haven't had my Pandora yet, nor a despatch email. Don't count on batch 2 anytime soon.
3000 of the initial 4000 were ordered within the first six hours. With cancellations over the years, it's probably down to more like 2000 from the first day, if not more still. The fact that they haven't finished the first day says nothing about what will happen with batch two, since those thousands are spread out over the course of several weeks.
By my calculations, at 500 per week, they'll be done with the first day of orders by the end of January, complete the first batch by mid February, and be well on their way through batch 2 by April.
That's assuming CC really can maintain the 500 per week they said they would, and that nothing else goes wrong.

I could not order on day 1 and eventually got the order to work on either 1 or 2 October - cannot remember now which day and lost the original confirmation email - it could have been about 8 am on the 1 October but definately no later than 8 am on 2 October.

I am 1350 - 1450 in Craigs queue which by my reconing is approx position 1800 - 2000 out of the 4000 ish when taking EDs orders into consideration - 3000 Craigs and 1000 ED (Faiths had all his and were minimal according to previous postings). This is all confusing when 1450 have been shipped and yet Craigs queue only seems to have got to about 600 - then again sounds like alot of the 1450 must have been RMAs hence the slow progress through the queue which has to be the reason!

The 3000 in the first 6 hours cannot therefore be correct unless alot cancelled before about August 2010 when I was advised my queue position.

andmaz said:
The 3000 in the first 6 hours cannot therefore be correct unless alot cancelled before about August 2010 when I was advised my queue position.
Then a lot canceled.

WizardStan said:
andmaz said:
Then a lot canceled.

If thats the case then thank god over the last 2 years additional orders cancelled these out other wise it would have been bye bye Pandora!!!!!

...not only that how the hell did 3000 get to order in the first 6 hours - I tried numerous times and all failed!!!!!!!

Back