Release Basilisk ii - Mac Emulator

The network driver to passthrough tcp/ip. If you use the bridgemode, the emulated machine won't be visible on the network itself.

Oh, I don't care about networking. I just can't go through the thing to setup my name/organization/timezone/etc. It crashes the emulator.

Could sheep shaver alsi be built for the ppc macs?
I finally fixed the issue I had and it boot now.

post-5182-0-16421900-1412111509.png

But, it seem a bit slower to me (at least Incredible Machine 3 is smoother with BasiliskII), the touchscreen is broken (again, not sure it's the same issue as with BasiliskII) and I can't use Notaz'SDL for now (it just Segfault, but I didn't looked much).

preview1.png

This is pretty cool. Of course it is slower as it has to emulate a beefier cpu and the older programs run in some compatibilitymode afaik.

I just alsked as we have some legacy mac software at work that we need to emulate sooner or later if our macbook dies and with this it should be possible. Even on Pandora. The touchscreenbug if it is the same should be fixable?

Also I would like to try and build it on the raspberry pi.

Do you have the source somewhere?

Thanks again for fixing this :)

This is pretty cool. Of course it is slower as it has to emulate a beefier cpu and the older programs run in some compatibilitymode afaik.

I just alsked as we have some legacy mac software at work that we need to emulate sooner or later if our macbook dies and with this it should be possible. Even on Pandora. The touchscreenbug if it is the same should be fixable?

Also I would like to try and build it on the raspberry pi.

Do you have the source somewhere?

Thanks again for fixing this :)
I'll do a diff later.

About the touchscreen, I don't know yet. The behavour was strange, but maybe it was just the "relative" mouse that I have to inhibit. I'll probably work on it the weekend.

What is this "touchscreen bug," exactly?

I've been playing with a basiliskii binary I downloaded ages ago in these forums and I don't have any problems with how the touchscreen emulates a mouse. It did take me a while to remember that classic macs were strange in that you had to click a menu, hold the button down and then release on the selection.

Of course, playing any mouse-intensive game on a touch screen is not my idea of fun. But there are plenty of games that just use the keyboard. The Exile games are now free (for mac and win31) but it is much easier to run win31 in DOSBox than set up any mac emulator.

My main problem with Basiliskii is that it randomly crashes without any kind of error: one second I'm playing a game and then poof! I'm not.

It happens in Basiliskii on my linux PC as well. It also happens using Executor, which I think has gone open source now. Anyway, I think the old classic mac os was just very flakey and crash-prone. Nevertheless, I still liked it better than win31. LOL

What is this "touchscreen bug," exactly?

I've been playing with a basiliskii binary I downloaded ages ago in these forums and I don't have any problems with how the touchscreen emulates a mouse. It did take me a while to remember that classic macs were strange in that you had to click a menu, hold the button down and then release on the selection.
You touch the screen, and it click at the old mouse place and then move the mouse (still clicked) to where you just press the screen. It's pretty an obvious effect if you touch the screen at two place far appart.

Back