Basic Linux Questions for New Pyra Owners and Others

Works mostly the same with DBP, but it will depend on how the run script is writen and if it preserve LD_LIBRARY_PATH or not.
I expect DBP that need gl4es to do something about it anyway.

For the fun, another game, with the same methos, running smoothly with default settings.
1612360735844.png

Do i write LID Library Path or is this just the Placeholder for my Library?
Just boot up Pyra, and Copy and Paste your Code in my Terminal?

In the Pyra Update from Yesterday, whe had Funkeymonkey and GL4ES as new Package, so is the Build Comand still valid?
And when Fullscreen shouldnd work, why is then Drastik allready Fullscreen?

you can try to just use
Code:
gl4es glxinfo -B
then, to see if the renderer is gl4es or mesa/llvmpipe

The Fullscreen bug is only with SDL 1.2, other stuff can works fullscreen depending on how they switch to it (like SDL2)

The third invocation of the command looked correct to me. The -B is an argument to the program named glxinfo, so spaces are needed. And glxinfo is passed as an argument as the program for gl4es to run, so that needs a space as well.

Under Archlinux glxinfo comes in a package names mesa-demos. I don't know what the equivalent for debian is.

Ok foobillard works, but it’s still slow and on my Pyra the Task Bar covers the under Side of the GUI
But I have to run it every time whit the Terminal Command? seems like I have to make some txt files whit useful commands ^^
Copy and paste..

You could put the line you type into a script, which is just a text file with the execute bit set (i.e change a text file into a script by doing '$ chmod u+x textfile'). Put it in your path and you just have to type the script name and it'll run. I generally create a folder called tools or bin or various other things as I feel like it and add that to my .bashrc (add a line like 'export PATH=$PATH;~/tools')

@levi Whaut about #!/bin/sh?

I did
Bash:
appendpath () {
    case ":$PATH:" in
        *:"$1":*)
            ;;
        *)
            PATH="${PATH:+$PATH:}$1"
    esac
}

appendpath $HOME/bin

for dir in $(find $HOME/bin/scripts -type d);
do
    appendpath $dir;
done

unset appendpath

export PATH;
Though right now, I couldn't explain why that assignment would work as intended or say if it does. I'm not in the Linux install, where I have this in place.

Yes, I usually add a hashbang to my scripts, although I usually use '#!/usr/bin/bash', because I code in bash rather than old school sh. That's unless I'm coding python where I use '#!/usr/bin/env python3'. But technically if you're coding in $SHELL and calling from $SHELL it doesn't matter in terms of calling it. It might impact what file thinks it is, but if you run it it should all work for you. I mainly hardcode it in case I decide to try out a different shell in the future.

Edit: I'm not sure what that assignment line does. I mainly use ${variable:...} to do substrings, but I'm honestly not sure what yours does. The rest of it seems to check you haven't already added the path before adding it.

Ok foobillard works, but it’s still slow and on my Pyra the Task Bar covers the under Side of the GUI
But I have to run it every time whit the Terminal Command? seems like I have to make some txt files whit useful commands ^^
Copy and paste..
You can probably also modify the command configured in the shortcut, somehow... maybe try a right click on your shortcut ti see if you can edit it? Or maybe there is a configuration tool like menu editor or something like that?

What shortcuts? Application installs in linux generally result in a menu item, configured using a .desktop file, but no shortcuts that I'm aware of. I don't think either of the DEs I use on my machines even support shortcuts; I run openbox here and i3 on my desktop.

What shortcuts? Application installs in linux generally result in a menu item, configured using a .desktop file, but no shortcuts that I'm aware of. I don't think either of the DEs I use on my machines even support shortcuts; I run openbox here and i3 on my desktop.
Sorry for the wrong naming, I meant the .desktop file

Here's something I thought should be simple, but apparently nobody on the internet seems to know or maybe it's very specific on the current setup. Let's make it a Pyra question then.
How do I set the executable permission bit for auto-mounted FAT32 SD cards? And no, I'm not looking to change the file system on the SD card, nor do I want to change this individually for every single one. This was a thing on the Pandora, so surely it can't be impossible, right?

No need to tell me FAT32 can't hold the executable bit for individual files. I know that. The whole thing can be mounted as executable though, but I'd need a way to tell the auto-mounter to do that... Would be a start knowing what is responsible for it this time too, since it seems there are multiple possibilities overall.

Good question, and I'm not sure how to configure the automounter, since I don't use one.

In case this is helpful though, my fstab includes this option for a windows share that I mount manually: 'file_mode=0640'. You probably need something similar in the configuration for your automounter, whichever one you're using. You don't want 0640, by the way, that just means read/write for me, read only for others in my group. You probably want 5 or 7 in that second digit, for read only but executable or read/write and executable.

How do I set the executable permission bit for auto-mounted FAT32 SD cards?

No need to tell me FAT32 can't hold the executable bit for individual files. I know that.
I don't exactly understand that. You already know that FAT32 doesn't support file permissions, but you are still trying to do that? Can you explain what you are trying to do, and what is failing ?

Anyway my guess is probably you are not able to copy files to FAT32 SD card. In that case can you look at the permission and owner of directory in which the sdcard is mounted. Probably that directory is owned by root user, so you may need to change that ownership to your current user or use root account.

I've come across a parameter, which controls if files on automounted or removable storage may be executed. I don't remember though with which component that parameter was associated. I'd guess udev. ?

Back