banshee + last.fm

stratego

Still Fresh
Hi, first of all, sorry if this is not the correct place to ask this.

I have installed banshee, as I believe it does scrobbling, and tried to configure last.fm. After entering my username I came to a window with 3 buttons and a link. First 2 are something like "finish it" and "retry". Can't remember exactly. Other button is a last.fm button. The link is for creating an account.

No matters what I click, nothing happens. I didn't entered my password, as it wasn't requested anywhere.

Anybody could help to finish the setup? Thanks a lot.

I use banshee with last.fm... but I don't understand your issue?
yes, not the best explanation ever :blink:

Now I'm at home, and I have the OP in front of me, so I can get more details.

1) I start Banshee

2) I go to Edit > Preferences

3) On the Preferences window, I go to the Source Specific tab and select Last.fm as Source

As I already entered my username, now appears a message that says: "You need to allow Banshee to access your Last.fm account", and there are the 3 buttons and the link I mentioned.

The buttons say: "Finish Logging In", "Try Again" and "last.fm". The link says: "Sign up for Last.fm"

Is it clear now? I hope so :rolleyes:

I use banshee with last.fm... but I don't understand your issue?
yes, not the best explanation ever :blink:

Now I'm at home, and I have the OP in front of me, so I can get more details.

1) I start Banshee

2) I go to Edit > Preferences

3) On the Preferences window, I go to the Source Specific tab and select Last.fm as Source

As I already entered my username, now appears a message that says: "You need to allow Banshee to access your Last.fm account", and there are the 3 buttons and the link I mentioned.

The buttons say: "Finish Logging In", "Try Again" and "last.fm". The link says: "Sign up for Last.fm"

Is it clear now? I hope so :rolleyes:

If you're trying to scrobble; Source means where the application get it's music. So it's trying to get it's music from last.fm

You should, in the same menu, go to the plugin menu, and select last.fm scrobbling.

In the Tools tab, there is a submenu that says last.fm, you should enable song reporting.

Hope this helps.

Back