Bad Sound Quality

I haven't had the time yet to package craig a recent image for flashing (we use a slightly different one, as we also flash the battery chip, etc.).

Therefore, all fresh units still are on RC1 without any hotfix and should be updated with a hotfix as soon as possible.

there is a stand-alone temporary fix for this sound problem, I think. Need to look back to when it was first found...

Just like to mention that my Pandora also had scratchy sound at first. Then I applied the patch in this thread and still had scratchy sound!

It wasnt till I installed hotfix 3 that it went away, so I'd say definitely download hotfix3 and install it on there ASAP.

Karel Jansens said:
@ all:

Hotfix 3 installed and sound issues have gone the way of the dodo & the jive turkey.

Thanx all. Still having lotsa problems with standby-mode, but I have a lot of reading to do before I commit to a new thread.

The standby-mode-problems will most probably be fixed with HF4. The first beta is already out for testing :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
The standby-mode-problems will most probably be fixed with HF4. The first beta is already out for testing :)
Weeellll.... From what I read, it's going to be an improvement, but still a far cry from what the Panda should be capable of in terms of standby times.

To repeat myself: Compared with the Nokia N800, and taking into account the larger battery and more advanced electronics, the Panda should be able to achieve 30 days of standby time.

Then again, being able to actually use standby mode, regardless of its efficiency, would be an improvement on its own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back