Bad News For Psp And Ds First Person Shooter Fans

CA - probably not played it enough yet, but I really like it so far. Only Bad thing about it is the random level design, if you get killed on a level, and haven't saved it then you have to start the level again - BUT the level is completely different.

Gonna have to keep the faith though, until something decent comes out - something with a story line (like XIII)...

On the other hand Quake is already looking good on the PSP...

Ha <_< ! I have heared some guy from retro called Rich Verody say "MPH will have a full single player and flying your ship will be a big part of that."
Plus the guys at gamespot loved the multiplayer and the same guy says its not gonna be online because "yardy ya...we are tying to get it out for october...DS online later in the year so no online surport......we want everyone to be playing in one room having a great time with the multiplayer, laughing."
He then compares it to being as fun as SSB.
All this is from a video of Rich talking. to check it out go to gamspot.com and check out the MPH vids.

EGM cost $6.99 USA & $8.99 Canada for my issue 183 dunno what it is now

I`m not wondered that games for Nintendo consoles get better reviews.

It was always that way. Sure, PS2 has by faaaaaaar more games than GC, but they have by faaaaaaar more bad, really bad games!

I`m not saying there are no good games for the PS2 (I love GTA 1-5, I love Final Fantasy 7-9, I love Metal Gear 1-2 ) but quantity isn`t quality, the GC has much more better games, so they don`t appeal to the majority of you americans :p you really seem to like un-unique games, just (mostly horrible) sequels: the 4th Devil May Cry, the 13 Final Fantasy, the 6th Spyro, Pro Evolution 4, Tomb Raider 6, Virtua Fighter 4, the list is endless!

Okay, Nintendo also has sequels, but they are most of the time higher quality games: Legend Of Zelda, Resident Evil 4 and Rayman 3 are the only ones in my collection you can call sequels, but they are great games!

hey! as soon as you mentioned virtua fighter 4 it got personal!
but yeah, i agree with you :p
nintendo ain't all that, though, and rezevil is a capcom game

no quantity does not equal quality.

Gamecube has more than it's fair share of crappy games.

Do you not think that maybe the reason PS2 has so many more crap games is because it has so many more games in general?? The real trick is to look at the PERCENTAGE of crap games for each system.

yeah there are more crappy games on the PS2, but it's library is like 2-3x as big. IMO, there are also more GREAT games on PS2 than on the GC. Again, this doesn't say anything bad about Nintendo, it's just because there are so many more games, and so much more third party support for the PS2. Nintendo do make GREAT games almost all the time (face it even they have had a few stinkers), something which Sony as a first party probably can't claim, but Nintendo really needed more third parties to bring THEIR great games to the GC. As it is, the GC is still a great platform worth owning, just as the N64 before it, despite the lack of 3rd party support... the Nintendo games are just THAT good.

about Metroid... well everyone has something different to say about the inclusion or absense of a true single player mode. At this point who really knows what the heck is going on besides Nintendo themselves? But if EGM get's their hands on what is supposedly a nearly finished copy of Hunters, and there is STILL no proper one player mode, I'm sorry but I start to worry a bit.

Gamespot haven't updated their Hunters info in months, the last they had to say was after E3. They haven't played any more than the rest of us. And I already said, what was shown at E3 was really just about the same thing we've all already played on that demo that came with the DS.

Well, of course no one will know until it releases. As negative as I seem about it, I will again say that, I've been looking forward to Hunters as much as anyone else. I love Prime on the GC, that is easily one of the best games I've EVER played, and would love to see this sort of game on the DS. Just every time I hear any news or previews all that's ever mentioned is the deathmatching and nothing else. So... again... I'm starting to get a bit worried.

so I uh... 'picked up' Coded Arms yesterday.

it's alright :) it's not horrible, at least, not yet... I only played the first couple levels. Unlike everyone else, I got used to the control scheme almost instantly (takes me back to Turok, Goldeneye, Duke Nukem on N64)... it's not as smooth as an Xbox/PS2 FPS but it's workable. The computer helps out with your aiming a bit which helps.

Graphically it is gorgeous.... THIS is why I love PSP. EDIT: omg no really this game looks amazing....

Also, to my surprise, even though the game is sort of dark, the background settings I mean, the color pallette used seems to be very similiar to the pallete in Metal Gear Acid. Yet, THIS game is actually very easy to see, I was playing on the lowest brightness setting with NO problems.

For shame that it has randomly generated levels and apparently only a handful of different kinds of enemies.

yeah, you 'picked it up', eh? :p
yeah, not too bad game, looks very nice.

I have Coded Arms aswell. :) I actually really, really enjoy it. It's not flawless, but it's definately 7.5 / 10 material. Clocked up 20 hours and i'm on level 35 of Infinity, and still going happily.

Quiest posted on Jul 4 2005 at 11:25 PM said:
I`m not wondered that games for Nintendo consoles get better reviews.

It was always that way. Sure, PS2 has by faaaaaaar more games than GC, but they have by faaaaaaar more bad, really bad games!

I`m not saying there are no good games for the PS2 (I love GTA 1-5, I love Final Fantasy 7-9, I love Metal Gear 1-2 ) but quantity isn`t quality, the GC has much more better games, so they don`t appeal to the majority of you americans :p you really seem to like un-unique games, just (mostly horrible) sequels: the 4th Devil May Cry, the 13 Final Fantasy, the 6th Spyro, Pro Evolution 4, Tomb Raider 6, Virtua Fighter 4, the list is endless!

Okay, Nintendo also has sequels, but they are most of the time higher quality games: Legend Of Zelda, Resident Evil 4 and Rayman 3 are the only ones in my collection you can call sequels, but they are great games!
Final Fantasies are hardly sequels.
We're already on the 10th spyro.

Last edited by a moderator:
bast525 posted on Jul 7 2005 at 04:12 AM said:

...For shame that it has randomly generated levels and apparently only a handful of different kinds of enemies.

What is it with the PSP and random generated levels? It seems that everything with levels is random generated. You have Rengoku, Untold legends and now Coded arms. It almost seems like the game makers don't want to bother designing levels so they cheap out and just make an algorythm that does it for them. Kind of sad, with all of that power you would hope they would make use of it better.

Just to confirm, Metroid Prime Hunters WILL have a single player mode. If u r in britain go and buy the new issue of Nintendo Official Magazine (with the free beach ball. Yay.) and they interview some of the people making Hunters and they that there is a proper story mode but they are keeping it secret. As i said if u r in the UK buy Nintendo Official Magazine and read the interview there.

DaveC posted on Jul 7 2005 at 12:35 PM said:
bast525 posted on Jul 7 2005 at 04:12 AM said:

...For shame that it has randomly generated levels and apparently only a handful of different kinds of enemies.

What is it with the PSP and random generated levels? It seems that everything with levels is random generated. You have Rengoku, Untold legends and now Coded arms. It almost seems like the game makers don't want to bother designing levels so they cheap out and just make an algorythm that does it for them. Kind of sad, with all of that power you would hope they would make use of it better.

I don't know about the other games, but i think it would fit Coded Arms since it is taking place in a computer, the enemies warp in so why not have random generated levels that are generated by the computer to throw you off? Remember the game is based on a virtual world.

well after reading all the so-so reviews, and now having played the game for a while, I have to say it's better than I expected it to be. The looking controls can be a pain when in a heated fight if only because they are so imprescise, and the auto aim help feature isn't very helpful. I still can't believe how good the game looks.

The game only takes up like 100mb on a memory stick :D

Back