Awful game ideas.

I've dreamt of a weird video game: it was some kind of co-op FPS where the players killed waves of monsters in a very basic level. It was very popular because it was very hard and people were thrilled about "gitting gud". Especially since it was far more complex than it seemed. For example it felt unfair since the difficulty seemed a bit random at times, and it felt that if you played well it became more difficult. It also had some weird/creepy messages that would flash from time to time. Things like "The least you could do is apologise".

And then some players discovered that if you did apologise (in the in-game voice chat), the game would change a bit. The level would change to something more complex, and it'd feel like it was "clearing up". But if you kept apologising too much, huge monsters would return and kill you. Turned out you had to apologise but also ask for the monsters to apologise as well for what they did. Then the game would clear up a bit more and show that you actually were in a house with people in conflict about something. And then you had to socially navigate the situation. I woke up before we could get any further.

I had an idea for a monster battling game, where instead of breeding monsters with each other, you edit your monster's DNA directly with a CRISPR type device.

There's still a collection aspect, as you get DNA samples from other monsters to use in your own monster. Just trying to write your own genes from scratch would probably result in an abomination.

Chimera Station

Slime Rancher

and lots more. Spore,

Last edited:
My two favorite lottery scratch-off games in North Carolina are the ones based on Loteria Don Clemente, aka Mexican bingo. I'm considering making my own version of Loteria in Love2D. The only problem is I would have to draw 54 images, and I suck at art. If I receive some encouragement though, I might give it a try.

Fun fact: The two lottery scratchers I mentioned actually only use 42 of the 54 traditional images. I guess demons, Apaches, little Black men, drunks, and soldiers were deemed inappropriate.

"Into the Evil Dragon's Nest."

A cross between Lupenio, Sabouteur,. and Into the eagle's nest.

Infinite Roulette: A computer generates a random decimal fraction, then one is divided by it, producing a random number from one to infinity, which is rounded down. If you guess what it is, you get your bet times the number times the next consecutive number. For instance, if you bet on six and hit, you get forty-two times your bet. The possibilities are endless.

So what if you mix 2 ideas into 1 game?

You'll get something like this:

What if the game is "get to the finish".... but you forgot to add the finishline? Then you get this game:

Back