Auto-boot Emulators

DistantJ

Still Fresh
I do not own a GP32. I am considering buying one soon but wish to know more beforehand.

So what I want to know is, is it possible to put an emulator or other program onto a SMC and have it auto-boot when you turn the system on, rather than having to select it from the GUI?

And do the emulators have their own flashy menus which you can select the games from like most console based emulators?

DistantJ posted on Apr 16 2005 at 12:27 PM said:
I do not own a GP32. I am considering buying one soon but wish to know more beforehand.

So what I want to know is, is it possible to put an emulator or other program onto a SMC and have it auto-boot when you turn the system on, rather than having to select it from the GUI?

And do the emulators have their own flashy menus which you can select the games from like most console based emulators?

Yes emulators all have menus that you select your ROMs with etc. You can put more than one emulator on an SMC too so it wouldn't know which one to autoboot into unless you set it. Most of the time you would want to pick the emu that you want to run through the launcher like you would on a PC etc.

The emus work basically the same way that they do on a PC, you run the emu , then pick the game ROM and then play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back