Aurora For 2.0

DaveC posted on May 17 2006 at 11:12 PM said:
Paradox posted on May 11 2006 at 05:22 PM said:
Finally got off my arse to change it for 2.0 firmware, I dunno why I put it off so long didn't take long..

anyway get it here: http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,52,1067

Screen:
ipodsucks.PNG

Nice but I noticed something. When you look at the background on the actual GP2X there is color banding. It is like the Gp2X is cutting out colors. Is the pallete on the GP2X restricted in the menu?

Only the photophile DaveC would notice this...

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the "Krystal" skin, or whatever - in my opinion, that grey header is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

Crazy Goat posted on May 17 2006 at 11:47 PM said:
I like the "Krystal" skin, or whatever - in my opinion, that grey header is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

I'm glad you clarified just who's opinion that was ... and didn't your mother tell you "if you don't have anything nice to say, then STFU" ? <_<

... some might say the same for your avatar, (or mine for that matter), but it has no place here. <_<

DaveC posted on May 18 2006 at 04:12 AM said:
Finally got off my arse to change it for 2.0 firmware, I dunno why I put it off so long didn't take long..

Screen:
ipodsucks.PNG

Nice but I noticed something. When you look at the background on the actual GP2X there is color banding. It is like the Gp2X is cutting out colors. Is the pallete on the GP2X restricted in the menu?

I noticed that myself a while ago and I think it was Squidge who told me what it was that was doing it but now i've forgotten

Not wanting to sound like too much of a pedant here but in *my* opinion, this is a little uglier:

gp6aa.jpg

lol I actually adblocked that it was terrible

also got the link back up on the archive so you can dl it again now.

TelcoLou posted on May 18 2006 at 05:50 AM said:
didn't your mother tell you "if you don't have anything nice to say, then STFU" ? <_<
There was hardly a day went by that my mum didn't tell me to STFU (though she filled in all the missing letters)*
TelcoLou posted on May 18 2006 at 05:50 AM said:
... some might say the same for your avatar, (or mine for that matter), but it has no place here. <_<
Lou, your avatar is the ugliest thing I have ever seen and needs to be changed *now* :D

*May not actually represent the truth.

Crazy Goat posted on May 18 2006 at 04:47 AM said:

Well I like the gray block...

Its a shame in the setting screen GPH made the the words/text as text put on the screen and not separate graphics files, that screen would look nice with an internet type world by the ip adress etc and some pimping...

ste_167 posted on May 18 2006 at 09:33 AM said:

Not wanting to sound like too much of a pedant here but in *my* opinion, this is a little uglier:
Link?

I really want to download this skins but it appears that the link has been down for quite a while. anyone have a working link for this skin?

Manya posted on Sep 2 2006 at 03:19 PM said:
I really want to download this skins but it appears that the link has been down for quite a while. anyone have a working link for this skin?
The File archive link right at the top of the thread seems to still be working, give that another go.
Perhaps try http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi and go though the "gp2x Skins" section.

Now we need to adapt the skin to Ryos new menu. It is so much better than the default bad design ugliness.

when you goto download the link it gives you comes up with a 404 error. So it's still in the archive but the link when you start the download is broken. It's strange though cause I thought gp2x.de hosted the files themselfs.

Manya posted on Sep 2 2006 at 11:54 PM said:
when you goto download the link it gives you comes up with a 404 error. So it's still in the archive but the link when you start the download is broken. It's strange though cause I thought gp2x.de hosted the files themselfs.
Ah, just tried it. I see what you mean.
You can have an entry on the site without it being hosted there, just pointing to another location.

Anyone have a copy of the ZIP file floating about?

Paradox, have you got a copy? :)

i dont actually, and i dont have it on my nand because i started using the Candy skin instead, so hopefully someone can upload it if they have it.

im using gmenu2x now anyway, so i dont even see the base skin hehe

Paradox posted on May 18 2006 at 10:09 AM said:
DaveC posted on May 18 2006 at 04:12 AM said:

Screen:
ipodsucks.PNG

I noticed that myself a while ago and I think it was Squidge who told me what it was that was doing it but now i've forgotten

I guess it's the 6 bits per channels that you are talking about, which is a restriction that applies everywhere, although probably just noticeable in things such as menus (beeing still images, often with smooth gradients (the true enemy of limited color depth))
I made some examples of dithering images, but it never really got any popular. Only thing i've seen is that gmenu2x is using it now.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=30909
I take it that the background is looking something like this?
nodither2.png

Back