Aurora For 2.0

Shikaku

ROFL THE WORD PENIS IS HILARIOUS!
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
2,839
Location
USA... I feel lonely, not that many people from US
Website
Visit site
DaveC posted on May 17 2006 at 11:12 PM said:
Paradox posted on May 11 2006 at 05:22 PM said:
Finally got off my arse to change it for 2.0 firmware, I dunno why I put it off so long didn't take long..

anyway get it here: http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,52,1067

Screen:

Nice but I noticed something. When you look at the background on the actual GP2X there is color banding. It is like the Gp2X is cutting out colors. Is the pallete on the GP2X restricted in the menu?
Only the photophile DaveC would notice this...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Crazy Goat

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
199
I like the "Krystal" skin, or whatever - in my opinion, that grey header is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.
 
T

TelcoLou

Guest
Crazy Goat posted on May 17 2006 at 11:47 PM said:
I like the "Krystal" skin, or whatever - in my opinion, that grey header is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.
I'm glad you clarified just who's opinion that was ... and didn't your mother tell you "if you don't have anything nice to say, then STFU" ? <_<

... some might say the same for your avatar, (or mine for that matter), but it has no place here. <_<
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Paradox

oh em gee
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
1,748
Age
32
Location
England
Website
Visit site
DaveC posted on May 18 2006 at 04:12 AM said:
Paradox posted on May 11 2006 at 05:22 PM said:
Finally got off my arse to change it for 2.0 firmware, I dunno why I put it off so long didn't take long..

anyway get it here: http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,52,1067

Screen:

Nice but I noticed something. When you look at the background on the actual GP2X there is color banding. It is like the Gp2X is cutting out colors. Is the pallete on the GP2X restricted in the menu?
I noticed that myself a while ago and I think it was Squidge who told me what it was that was doing it but now i've forgotten
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ste_167

Very Active Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2003
Messages
1,202
Location
England
Website
Visit site
I like the "Krystal" skin, or whatever - in my opinion, that grey header is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.
Not wanting to sound like too much of a pedant here but in *my* opinion, this is a little uglier:

 

Paradox

oh em gee
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
1,748
Age
32
Location
England
Website
Visit site
lol I actually adblocked that it was terrible

also got the link back up on the archive so you can dl it again now.
 

FluffyPanda

I have 6 little blue things. W00t.
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
568
Age
40
Location
Italy
Website
www.fluffypanda.com
TelcoLou posted on May 18 2006 at 05:50 AM said:
didn't your mother tell you "if you don't have anything nice to say, then STFU" ? <_<
There was hardly a day went by that my mum didn't tell me to STFU (though she filled in all the missing letters)*
TelcoLou posted on May 18 2006 at 05:50 AM said:
... some might say the same for your avatar, (or mine for that matter), but it has no place here. <_<
Lou, your avatar is the ugliest thing I have ever seen and needs to be changed *now* :D



*May not actually represent the truth.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nickmon

Member
Joined
May 8, 2003
Messages
465
Age
51
Location
BexleyHeath, Kent. UK
Website
Visit site
Crazy Goat posted on May 18 2006 at 04:47 AM said:
I like the "Krystal" skin, or whatever - in my opinion, that grey header is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

Well I like the gray block...

Its a shame in the setting screen GPH made the the words/text as text put on the screen and not separate graphics files, that screen would look nice with an internet type world by the ip adress etc and some pimping...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

nickspoon

vultum stultum habes
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
4,234
Age
27
Location
Essex, UK
Website
Visit site
ste_167 posted on May 18 2006 at 09:33 AM said:
I like the "Krystal" skin, or whatever - in my opinion, that grey header is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.
Not wanting to sound like too much of a pedant here but in *my* opinion, this is a little uglier:
Link?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Manya

Still Fresh
Joined
Aug 24, 2006
Messages
7
I really want to download this skins but it appears that the link has been down for quite a while. anyone have a working link for this skin?
 

BenScar

What does this do again?
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
435
Age
43
Location
UK, Near London, somewhere...
Website
Visit site
Manya posted on Sep 2 2006 at 03:19 PM said:
I really want to download this skins but it appears that the link has been down for quite a while. anyone have a working link for this skin?
The File archive link right at the top of the thread seems to still be working, give that another go.
Perhaps try http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi and go though the "gp2x Skins" section.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

DaveC

Internal Development
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
9,208
Now we need to adapt the skin to Ryos new menu. It is so much better than the default bad design ugliness.
 

Manya

Still Fresh
Joined
Aug 24, 2006
Messages
7
when you goto download the link it gives you comes up with a 404 error. So it's still in the archive but the link when you start the download is broken. It's strange though cause I thought gp2x.de hosted the files themselfs.
 

BenScar

What does this do again?
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
435
Age
43
Location
UK, Near London, somewhere...
Website
Visit site
Manya posted on Sep 2 2006 at 11:54 PM said:
when you goto download the link it gives you comes up with a 404 error. So it's still in the archive but the link when you start the download is broken. It's strange though cause I thought gp2x.de hosted the files themselfs.
Ah, just tried it. I see what you mean.
You can have an entry on the site without it being hosted there, just pointing to another location.

Anyone have a copy of the ZIP file floating about?

Paradox, have you got a copy? :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Paradox

oh em gee
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
1,748
Age
32
Location
England
Website
Visit site
i dont actually, and i dont have it on my nand because i started using the Candy skin instead, so hopefully someone can upload it if they have it.

im using gmenu2x now anyway, so i dont even see the base skin hehe
 

Micket

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
196
Age
36
Location
Sweden, Gothenburg
Website
www.micket.com
Paradox posted on May 18 2006 at 10:09 AM said:
DaveC posted on May 18 2006 at 04:12 AM said:
Paradox posted on May 11 2006 at 05:22 PM said:
Finally got off my arse to change it for 2.0 firmware, I dunno why I put it off so long didn't take long..

anyway get it here: http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,52,1067

Screen:

Nice but I noticed something. When you look at the background on the actual GP2X there is color banding. It is like the Gp2X is cutting out colors. Is the pallete on the GP2X restricted in the menu?
I noticed that myself a while ago and I think it was Squidge who told me what it was that was doing it but now i've forgotten
I guess it's the 6 bits per channels that you are talking about, which is a restriction that applies everywhere, although probably just noticeable in things such as menus (beeing still images, often with smooth gradients (the true enemy of limited color depth))
I made some examples of dithering images, but it never really got any popular. Only thing i've seen is that gmenu2x is using it now.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=30909
I take it that the background is looking something like this?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top