Audio On My Gp32 Doesn't Work More!!

GattoVicentino

Still Fresh
well...it happened that I turn on my GP32 and the sound that I receive is a crappy..whisp and noise...(any firmware and any program, emulator, mp3...anything). Last time that I turned off it was working well...and now..no way..I tried to re-flash, change batteries, format SMC but the problem seems to be hardware. The strange is that it happened 1 month ago but simply rebooting it came back normal. Now there is no way..I can reboot, format, reflash...no way..sound/audio changed to a noise-whisp-crap (similar to fax-modem for example...) with any type of GP32 music or sound (with headphones is the same...) .....
any suggestion ??
thanx!!

Open it up, maybe the Speaker wire has came loose...

Wait, Scrap that Idea, I dont think that will be the problem as the left and right are connected seperatly (That would mean both L and R wires would have to have came loose at the same time..)

hhmmm maybe a problem on the Circuit board somewhere. Is it a BLU, FLU or Standard ?

It' s a FLU GP32 ...
Strange that 1 month ago it happened and reset was enough to make it work again...

Id say dont bother opening your GP and send it to korea.

Why get your hands dirty if its under warrenty?

Yea send it back its probably a Software/firmware problem if resetting it solves it. You could try installing new firmware but i'd just send it back unless you've done somthing to make the warrenty void?

if its not working properly with headfones aswell it could be a problem with the volume control or the audio chip? Just a guess :)

Scott posted on Sep 25 2004 at 03:59 AM said:
Yea, the speakers have sucky quality anyway :D

no they dont...

They are good in my opinion. It depends on the Quality of the Audio you are listening to, compaired to all the other handhelds I would say The GP32's Speakers kick ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's incredible...after 2 days I tried to turn on my GP32... NOW IT'S WORKING...I have no words...I can't understand what happened and why it's working again...!!!

Back