Attention Shmup fans..

Garrett

Advanced Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Man, that is my kind of game.

Roll on payday, thanks for the link

After playing the trial version, I bought the game. I enjoy shmups even though I'm actually pretty bad that them. Fortunately, the easy difficulty setting in Astebreed is actually easy: I completed all six stages and died only once.

I played in Wine under Linux. To make audio work, I installed xaudio2 using "winetricks xact_jun2010". To make the text appear in the trial version, use "export LANG=ja_JP"; this this not needed for the full version you can buy from Playism, since that includes English text, but the trial is Japanese only (most of the menu items are English though even then language is set to Japanese). I played with an Xbox 360 controller; I had to disable force feedback in the game or it would crash every now and then, most likely that's a problem triggered by Wine.

I got this too, but not yet played it... looks amazing and I know I'm going to enjoy it. Good that will get the Steam keys too once available.

I was missing Sturmwind being available on Steam for my PC gaming, but think this will fill that void nicely

I don't like how many bullets you can shoot at once, they take up like half the screen which seems a bit cheap and easy to defeat enemies.

I got this too, but not yet played it... looks amazing and I know I'm going to enjoy it. Good that will get the Steam keys too once available.

I was missing Sturmwind being available on Steam for my PC gaming, but think this will fill that void nicely
Sturmwind is ace. Perfectly balanced difficulty level. Great gameplay and great graphics.

Back