Atari 800 Released On Gp2x!?!?!?

whiskthecat

whiskthecat
Website
pigliver.blogsite.org
Foft has released the worlds first Atari 800 emulator for the GP2X, this release uses SDL and is really a quick port but it works good enough to play. You can view his site here.

The proper version will be HH. For now there is an almost complete Linux SDL version. It runs under SDL on my PC, but I'm not sure if it works on the GP2X. I was about to finish debugging it on the GP2X and killed my GP2X through utter stupidity! I copied over libc6.so.1 thinking it wasn't used. I should have checked. I also should have known, been using Linux since libc5 days. Anyway here is the untested binary/source.

Now works, mostly. Sound is delayed and a bit rubbish. Let me know of other bugs. This is still a pre-release, but have fun!

I cant get this to work, the splash screen comes up but as soon as I get into the menu nothing responds?

Same here not sure if its crashing or the key mapping is not working.
cheers

Did you copy the key mapping on. Copy the whole gpmm directory to /mnt/sd. It has adjustable keymapping and without it defined it won't do anything at the menu.

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. I have the sound almost working properly now. I'll do another release on the weekend, if I have time (got an SII exam on Monday).

Last edited by a moderator:
Works for me, but only if I put gpmm dir in the root dir.

Be nice if that could be renamed a800 or something. ;)

Will there be any way you could add the joystick configuration settings in a future version? This way you can tune the stick like that diagram I made to get better control. This helps so you don't hit diagonals accidentally like now on this stick.

Will there be any way you could add the joystick configuration settings in a future version? This way you can tune the stick like that diagram I made to get better control. This helps so you don't hit diagonals accidentally like now on this stick.
Yeah I'll add them probably. For now its 3 positions for core directions and 1 for diagonals.

Thanks,

Mark

Indeed. Fixed sound(mostly), volume and some other odds and ends.

Still not done the Joystick mapping for DaveC! I want a new Joystick, I can't complete some games I'm good at using this one!
Thanks Mark! this is one of the emulators that I wanted the 2x for, it will have a permanent home on my SD card.

/me goes off to play 'star raiders' and 'dan stirkes back' for a couple of hours.

note to mods:
This was one of the best GP32 emulators and is easily going to be one of my faves on the 2x! why isn't foft a guru yet?

Back