Atari 800 Emu

sbt

Not so much a n00b - more of a lurker but anyway...

I have a 1Gb SD card - been happily using it , used it in a card reader at work and it trashed the card Got it back home - formatted it, put everything back on and now the Atari Emu keeps hanging.

The subdirs are in the root as is the .gpe. Roms are OK. Games load up but can I find a way to exit it? No wayyyyyy. I have tried a combinationof all buttons - even select and nothing. If I do a warm re-boot it just loads the game up again.

Thing is - I'm sure it was OK before I re-did the card.. or am I getting it mixed up with Frodo? I've loaded pre-release3 - any more libs need installing?

I end up having to switch off the 2X and start again - am I missing something?

I know in Frodo you can use the select button and then choose to Exit Frodo. I have found on some of the other apps you can push in on the stick and press both shoulder keys at the sametime to exit the game back to the loader screen.

Then from there to exit all the way use the start button.

Some times it get stuck, then I press B and choose Reboot, and then quickly tap the L button and I get the menu. From there I choose Exit (reboot GP32) :)lol: I don't own one!)

That usually works for me.

Edit, most of the time I don't have to use the B button trick, it just goes to the menu when I press L

Edit: Thanks TelcoLou, I didn't realize I left in so much misinformation.

I think his trouble is getting stuck in the emulating machine and not being able to reach the menu. But then again I could be wrong.

Umm, I may be stating the obvious, but have you tried selecting the "exit (reboot gp32)" from the main menu? You go back to the main menu by pressing the left shoulder button ...

Cheers Nubie -

Chose reboot and then hit the L button a few times - it got me out to the menu.

I could never write or port the code and thanks to the coders but surely there must be an easier way like Frodo

Erm you just hit the left shoulder button once to get to the menu. Its not that hard. Anyway you can reconfigure it.

I expect you are pressing it too long - if you hold it down it fast forwards. I'm going to change that -> just didn't have enough buttons on GP32!

Mark

Back