Asteroids On Steroids

snurty

Still Fresh
Well I have been working on my second game for a while now and it is time for it's release.

This is based loosely on Asteroids and is written in Fenix.

I must say I am rather pleased with the result and whilst not perfect I think it looks and plays pretty well. 2 launch scripts are included one launches at default speed and the other is overclocked. I think the overclock plays more smoothly but both are playable.

Please let me have any comments or suggestions.

Although I love asteroids I am rubbish and best score to date is 32,000 on sheet 4. I guess it won't take long for someone to nuke that!
http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,2709

title.jpg

ingame.jpg

title2.jpg

Very cool graphics, the game is hard but addictive. The bullets aren't very visible being roughly the same colour as the stars, not a huge problem, but perhaps giving them a slight green hue or something would help out a bit.

Nice game overall, thank you :)

Looking forward to giving this game a blast! (Pun intended)

And from the comments of others, it'll be awesome to play! :D

Thanks for the posts the feedback is really appreciated. I'm glad you like it as it took me a month to write (only 700 lines of code so I'm just slow!!).

Changing the clolour of the bullet is no problem. I was wondering whether I should scale back the difficulty slightly. I was aiming at a similar level as the original asteroids and did make it slightly easier before release - it really was rock hard!!

I could slow the rocks and the ufo slightly as well as allowing more time between ufo's appearing.

Leave alone or make it slightly easier?

My present best is level 5 and 45,000.

Finally played it and loved it! :D

I'd keep the difficulty as it is as it'll improve the reaction timing for us not so spring chickens. Well probably just me then. :p

I thought the bullets were fine as they are as my eye-sight still working okay. B)

Back