Asked Pandora; For A French

jojoinside

Still Fresh
English versions
Hello,

Firstly, I’m sorry for my bad English, I’m French.

Secondly; Ihave four questions for you, the geek behind your pc, yes you!

1: Pandora , can it become , a independence platform for learn the programation and create a program , ( Doesn’t need a pc ) ?

2: The France is the only, country of the E.U European Union, Use an Azerty keyboard, Can We Have a version, of this Keyboard ?

3: If they have a match (Hardware & Software), ASUS EEEPC VS PANDORA; who is the best for the
Learn Programation & practice programation and for the emulator.

4: Does Pandora Can emulate PSP NDS; or Saturn games systems.

Thank you
Goodbye

French version

Bonjour

J’ai 4 questions pour toi, le geek derrière ton pc

1 Pandora peut elle devenir ; une plateforme indépendante pour apprendre et programmer, sans avoir besoin d’un pc.

2 : La France est le seul pays de l’union européenne à utiliser, le clavier azerty, pourrions nous avoir cette version du clavier ?

3 :S’il y avait un match, Asus EEEPC Vs Pandora (Matériel et logiciel) Qui gagnerai (Apprendre et pratiquer la programmation, émulateur.

4 : La Pandora peut –elle faire fonctionner des emulateur , PSP DS Saturn .
Merci

Aurevoir .

Salut
Je suis pas sur pour lemulation et probablement il faudra attendre de voir la bete et comment les developpeurs vont la dompter...
J'ai un EEE et j'ai bien peur quil soit impossible de comparer les 2
le EEE est un PC, Pandora = console
(Pour ce qui est de la puissance du EEE les emus tournent sans prob)
Pour le clavier... je prefere encore voir un QWERTY... de toute facon la console ne servira pas a faire du traitement de textes donc a quoi bon avoir tous les é, è, à ...?

PS...je compte que 4 questions :s

see you :lol:

Thanks

Desoler je suis Fatiguer ,
Sorry i'm exausted , yes 4 Asked .

C'est super de voir un francais sur ce forum .
it's great to see a french in this forum .

1. Yes it will be possible to write and compile programs on the Pandora, however a compiler will have to be ported to the Pandora first.

2. It certainly is possible that the operating system will allow for an AZERTY configuration.

3. The EEE PC has stronger hardware, plus you can install any x86 operating system. It is a PC after all. That means that there are already more emulators for it then there will ever be for the Pandora. But you cannot simply put the EEE in your jeans pocket, if you want to play emulated console games, you´ll have to carry a gamepad around or use the keyboard and the battery life is probably not as long as the Pandora's.

So you have to decide this yourself.

4.PSP and saturn won´t ever be emulated on the Pandora. DS is unlikely, a usable emulator would have to be coded exclusively for Pandora to make use of the similarity of its processor and the DS's.

Fishbong said:
3. The EEE PC has stronger hardware, plus you can install any x86 operating system. It is a PC after all. That means that there are already more emulators for it then there will ever be for the Pandora.
I would have agreed with you before this week, but not anymore. The EEE's benefit is the x86 architecture and that's it...plus it is available today.

As far as multilingual support goes, I see that as a software fix unless we are only going to screen the key legend onto the buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:
jojoinside said:
English versions
Hello,
4: Does Pandora Can emulate PSP NDS; or Saturn games systems.

NDS yes i thing yes Saturn maybe i dont nou for sertan if it will be able or not til i get pandora

jojoinside said:
2: The France is the only, country of the E.U European Union, Use an Azerty keyboard, Can We Have a version, of this Keyboard ?
No, you're not. Several Belgians (the stupid ones) use a slightly modified AZERTY version.

Here's to the Pandora developers: Please don't make a hardware AZERTY version; AZERTY is one of the stupidest keyboard layouts in the universe (this from someone who's tried QWERTZ!).

Karel Jansens said:
Please don't make a hardware AZERTY version; AZERTY is one of the stupidest keyboard layouts in the universe (this from someone who's tried QWERTZ!).
It's not stupid if you're french or if french is your native language. After all, keyboard layouts grew out of a necessity (read up on typewriters for an explanation). So there's no stupid one "by design".
And apart from that, even if there were an AZERTY version, would it hurt you?

don said:
It's not stupid if you're french or if french is your native language. After all, keyboard layouts grew out of a necessity (read up on typewriters for an explanation). So there's no stupid one "by design".
And apart from that, even if there were an AZERTY version, would it hurt you?
AZERTY is stupid, what with the numbers on the main keypad only available through SHIFT-ing. And I believe an AZERTY version would hurt all of us, if only because it would make every unit just a tad more expensive.

I'd be fine with it if they charged the cost of making any non-QWERTY version completely to the buyers of that version, but that's not going to happen, is it?

Lineus said:
**points to abusive poster** someone's being a little cynical, aren't they?
There you go! ;)

It shouldn't be hard to have a keyboard layout configuration, and maybe include a sticker-like layover for the modified keys? Just a thought.

Game_over said:
Lineus said:
**points to abusive poster** someone's being a little cynical, aren't they?
There you go! ;)

It shouldn't be hard to have a keyboard layout configuration, and maybe include a sticker-like layover for the modified keys? Just a thought.

Great!

I don't need azerty. But some way to do "ç" "à", etc... easily. Perhaps some kind of "AltGr". "AltGr" + "C" = "Ç", etc...

Xmoon said:
Great!

I don't need azerty. But some way to do "ç" "à", etc... easily. Perhaps some kind of "AltGr". "AltGr" + "C" = "Ç", etc...
I depends a bit on the final alyout of the Pandora's kayboard, but Linux already has an "international QWERTY" layout, with deadkeys.

Karel Jansens said:
Xmoon said:
Great!

I depends a bit on the final alyout of the Pandora's kayboard, but Linux already has an "international QWERTY" layout, with deadkeys.

Ok, thanks. :D

Hi,
Sorry to bump the topic half a year later, but everything is not clear for me about possible remapping of the keys : would it be hard to customize the software keyboard layout with some user defined combinations, as mentioned above ? (Alt + C for ç etc.)

Karel Jansens said:
jojoinside said:
No, you're not. Several Belgians (the stupid ones) use a slightly modified AZERTY version.

Here's to the Pandora developers: Please don't make a hardware AZERTY version; AZERTY is one of the stupidest keyboard layouts in the universe (this from someone who's tried QWERTZ!).

The stupid ones? Oh you mean those who speak dutch. I thought they used QWERTY. Ok now some Vlamingen grappen: (Don't read if you don't understand dutch)

Wat moet je doen als een belg een granaat naar je gooit? Antwoord: De pin eruit trekken en terug gooien.

Waarom kan een belg alleen door de bochten scheuren als ie een krant bij heeft? Anders kan ie niet scheuren.

Waarom kan een belg alleen bochten afsnijden als een mes bij heeft? Anders kan ie niet snijden.

Don't. As a non-native english speaker that moves around a lot, I have noticed that any divergence from qwerty is an unnecessary nuisance.

sindbad said:
As a non-native english speaker that moves around a lot, I have noticed that any divergence from qwerty is an unnecessary nuisance.

Agreed, notably with emulators.

Anyway, getting used to Qwerty when you come from Azerty is quite easy. If I remember well, Pandora's keyboard will have a compose key, so using diacritics and uncommon ISO-8859 glyphs should not be a problem.

Back