GP2X Art Work

Wonslung

Still Fresh
Hello everyone. I bought a Gp2x about a month ago and it has really been excelent for me. Owning one makes me with i was a developer. I'm not but I am an excelent artist and would love to help out in making games/apps in this way if it is of any use. I'm a newbie so i'm not sure if this is even valuable to people but if something of this ability is needed i'd love to help. I can do photo realistic artwork and any sort of comic or videogame style and if it's something i don't know already it would only take me a day or two to learn it given a good enough example....

It would be a pleasure to do this as it would give me a great feeling of contribution to the community

just pm me

Hi there Wonslung & Welcome.

Not overly important.. but if you get bored between projects, you can always help us out by making some manuals if you like?

Here's a page explaining about the manuals idea itself & here's a forum thread with a good example on it. I'm sure you could do a lot better manual than I did ;)

Any help would be very much appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tripmonkey_uk posted on Dec 13 2006 at 06:08 AM said:
Hi there Wonslung & Welcome.

Not overly important.. but if you get bored between projects, you can always help us out by making some manuals if you like?

Here's a page explaining about the manuals idea itself & here's a forum thread with a good example on it. I'm sure you could do a lot better manual than I did ;)

Any help would be very much appreciated :)
will do, thanks for the suggestion

It's pretty good to have artists around here, there is probably an abundance of coders.
Do you have examples of your work? I'm sure lots of people would be interested in it.

Dr_Ian posted on Dec 13 2006 at 02:21 PM said:
It's pretty good to have artists around here, there is probably an abundance of coders.
Do you have examples of your work? I'm sure lots of people would be interested in it.

i'll work on getting some digital pictures taken, almost everything i've done in the past few years has been sold around where i live at art shows and festivals. i didn't have internet access until recently so i didn't bother making a web site or even taking digital pictures of anything but it would be easy enough to do...my main talent lies in the ability to draw something very quickly and get it right. i can work in quite a few mediums but don't do much with computers. I do learn quickly though so if i was to take something i drew and someone recomended a good computer art program to convert it to a format they needed i'm confident i could get the desired result. I'll spend the next few days trying to make a few good examples of what i think this community would be most interested in...let's say...a good dragon or something

Wonslung posted on Dec 13 2006 at 07:07 PM said:
Dr_Ian posted on Dec 13 2006 at 02:21 PM said:

i'll work on getting some digital pictures taken, almost everything i've done in the past few years has been sold around where i live at art shows and festivals. i didn't have internet access until recently so i didn't bother making a web site or even taking digital pictures of anything but it would be easy enough to do...my main talent lies in the ability to draw something very quickly and get it right. i can work in quite a few mediums but don't do much with computers. I do learn quickly though so if i was to take something i drew and someone recomended a good computer art program to convert it to a format they needed i'm confident i could get the desired result. I'll spend the next few days trying to make a few good examples of what i think this community would be most interested in...let's say...a good dragon or something

Wonslung, Read a few pixel art tutorials and start experimenting. On the Gp2x because of the limited resolution your going to want to do all art on the pc, most of the time you won't even use a tablet.

Years ago I used to code RPG's and hung out over at a forum called The GDR (Game Developers Refuge). There was a member called Tsugumo who was a great pixel artist and wrote up this tutorial. The GDR is long gone, but his tutorial has been mirrored.

I'd recommend reading it.

http://www.zoggles.co.uk/asp/tutorials.asp...mp;comments=yes

Also check out the Pixelation forum for artists who do game art:

http://www.pixel-arts.org/pixelation/

Wonslung posted on Dec 13 2006 at 10:07 PM said:
someone recomended a good computer art program
Try the GIMP it's free and as good as (or close to) top of the line comercial packages like Photoshop.

Charlie

charlieb posted on Dec 17 2006 at 10:10 PM said:
Wonslung posted on Dec 13 2006 at 10:07 PM said:
someone recomended a good computer art program
Try the GIMP it's free and as good as (or close to) top of the line comercial packages like Photoshop.

Charlie
yeah, i just got it. it's pretty awesome..i'm confident i'll be able to produce something of messure with this and the other suggestions

Thanks again everyone

Back