GP2X Arm-linux

namco

Website
www.stupendous-stuff.com
i can't find the arm-linux.tar.gz file does anyone know where it is or where i can get it?

its for linux but i can't set up the gp2xdevkitpro or sdk properly on andLinux (either that or i can't find the files needed when i do the makefile)

thanks.

the 2.95 version is pretty lame and does not support some compiler options so I only use it to produce kernel modules. The other one is more modern so I use it for my application development. I will try to find the tar files I used or if you have a intel based system I could just taar what I have. I will put together the files and put a URL here for you.

the tool chain is at www.ivrtech.net/files/toolchain.tar.gz , the enviroment setting script and makefile are in the toolchain folder.

My bandwidth might not be be greatest and the file is 68 Mb.

thanks for the file, i just have a slight problem in uncompressing it in linux.

i'm using the tar command and used the usual -zxf option but the problem with that was that it didn't like the long folder system and wouldn't untar, then i tried -vzxf which seemed to work better until i got the error message:

tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

am i doing something wrong or extracting from the wrong utility?

sorry I used a utility to package it so you might try :

gunzip toolchain.tar.gz
tar xvf toochain.tar

Which should be the same as:

tar zxvf toolchain.tar.gz

But I guess the way I built it might have caused a problem.

I will redo it and store it under the same name and post here. Sorry that it did not work as it should have. I guess my laziness caused the issue.

Ok, try it again ... it's 1 Mb smaller. I tested it with:

tar tzvf toolchain.tar.gz

And tar did not piss and moan ... again sorry for the screwup.

if when untarring the file tar says:
"gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
arm-dev/glibc
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors"

then you've got the problem I had, but I just ignored it, the problem is that the file have some extra bytes appended into the end of the file, I took a look at the end of the file and it really seems that it's some appended information by a webserver

Lint posted on Oct 30 2006 at 10:50 AM said:
if when untarring the file tar says:
"gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
arm-dev/glibc
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors"

then you've got the problem I had, but I just ignored it, the problem is that the file have some extra bytes appended into the end of the file, I took a look at the end of the file and it really seems that it's some appended information by a webserver

Yes me too, thats the one I used for my kernel (NFS) modules mentioned in another thread.

Anybody know where to get / how to build the SAME thing from sources...I'd like installed differently. I'll put up a page for how to build too

Cheers

Dom

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary Miller posted on Oct 30 2006 at 12:19 PM said:
The stuff in the file I referenced is the source to build the tool chain on linux. This is how I built mine.

Sorry,

think may have got wires crossed, but I've just downloaded that, it is indeed source but it is the source for gcc 4.02, I was after 2.95

Cheers

dom

brahms posted on Oct 30 2006 at 08:44 AM said:
The stuff in the file I referenced is the source to build the tool chain on linux. This is how I built mine.

Sorry,

think may have got wires crossed, but I've just downloaded that, it is indeed source but it is the source for gcc 4.02, I was after 2.95

Cheers

dom

I have the 2.95 stuff as well. I used it to build a kernel module .... I can do the same with the 2.95 I did with the 4.02 if you want.

Gary Miller posted on Oct 30 2006 at 04:33 PM said:
brahms posted on Oct 30 2006 at 08:44 AM said:

Sorry,

Cheers

dom

I have the 2.95 stuff as well. I used it to build a kernel module .... I can do the same with the 2.95 I did with the 4.02 if you want.

Yes please. I've got a binary download of 2.95 but its not configured how I'd like it. Even better if you could tell me what its made from (i.e. base downloads and what patches). I'll try and make a build script then and put it up on the archive for those who are interested?

Cheers

Dom

I will put the files together (I think I already posted the URL much earlier) and post it here. I took the files available here and built it (with some changes to the makefiles). Sorry, I just checked and the files appear to be just the binary. I am still looking at the older version of ELDK (Embedded Linux Developer Kit) for the old gcc.

Back