GP2X Arm-linux Binary To Fxe/gxb?

Are we talking GP32 of Gp2x? Fxe/gbx are gp32 (IIRC)

A gp2x executable file should have extension gpe or gpu (only so the menu picks it up), so if you have a .exe output rename it to gpe.

Well, considering the post is in the gp2x developers corner, and he's using the gp2x toolchain, I would assume we are talking about gp2x.

Your right however, fxe/gxb are GP32 file extensions.

I can only assume the poster is confused?

Squidge said:
Well, considering the post is in the gp2x developers corner, and he's using the gp2x toolchain, I would assume we are talking about gp2x.

Your right however, fxe/gxb are GP32 file extensions.

I can only assume the poster is confused?
Its just that I remember developing for the GP32 and after I compiled, I had to convert to the special format and I guess I assumed I had to do the same here. I didnt know the extension changed on the GP2x and that it just required adding an extension to the binary.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, but to be honest, the extension is only required by the menu program. If you run the executables via telnet then the extension doesn't matter and need not exist. Also, I'd suggest you get usb networking setup, as you can then use samba to setup a share on your PC, and then run your developer executables directly from your PC's harddisk without having to upload them to the 2x first.

Back