Are you a Linux user or Windows user? Or maybe a macOS user?

Are you a Linux user or Windows user? Or maybe a macOS user?

• Linux

• Windows

• macOS

• All of the above

• Other (please specify or discuss)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
I'm currently using Windows 10 as my primary OS for my gaming and general computer needs.
I dislike using macOS, btw. Not user-friendly, imho :(
How about you? What's your flavour? Maybe you're using all 3 on a daily basis?

009183e315dbb1a62bfff295bfa710d9.png

I use Debian as my main OS but I also have a win10 install for some games. MacOS I only use at work, stuff like QLab is insanely good software I'd wish was available on Linux
Oh... And my trusty C64 ofcourse!

Reactions: rSl
Linux (Unbuntu) for home systems, I have Steam installed including Wine/Proton (I have one dual boot to Win10 for some games/software).
For work I use Win10 on my laptop and other systems are Linux (RHEL/CentOS/WindRiver), Solaris, Win7 and Win2012 server.

Only linux. ArchLinux on my laptop, Debian of desktop.

Edit: I forgot to mention raspbian on my pi3 and alpine server running on hacked wd mycloud.

Last edited:
Exclusively Linux, Manjaro and Ubuntu (at work), and I use SteamOS for gaming. I also have Debian running as a server, although I haven't set it up properly yet, only using it for ad-hoc back-ups.

Last edited:
I use Windows. I would say I'm too dumb for Linux, but I've never tried it, so I guess I wouldn't know. I don't think my current machine is capable of dual booting. Assuming I do eventually end up with a Pyra, Linux will be an interesting experiment for me.

I used an optimized Windows 10 Pro, mainly for gaming, Videos, browsing and less stress during PC usage. Works well.

My buddy tried many different Linux builds over the years but somehow he always came back to windows. And he is a skilled programmer. Since his Job required it, he switched completely over to MacOS (he codes for iOS devices). Neat Mac Mini he has, but it's nothing for me tbh. I find MacOS even more confusing than I find mostly Linux distros. Not my bag at all.

I like installing my linuxes to be an adventure, so I use Arch on all machines I use daily. Installing debian or fedora is a lot easier, but you don't learn nearly as much while you're doing it. FWIW, installing Arch is not something you should do unless you have a second computer or a phone or something to look up problems you encounter along the way, even today when I've installed it five times on three machines I still need the instructions to hand at the very least.

I do have another machine set up which is an old RiscPC which boots into RISC OS 4, but that's hardly a daily use any more, but it's why I voted to other additionally in the poll above.

Primarily Linux, deal with Windows at work due to some software that can't work with wine or emulation in fact it only runs on Windows 7 and not 10... I also have a retired from work Mac Book pro I use for my travel laptop.

Also Amiga OS 3.9...

Last edited:
I use Windows. I would say I'm too dumb for Linux, but I've never tried it, so I guess I wouldn't know. I don't think my current machine is capable of dual booting. Assuming I do eventually end up with a Pyra, Linux will be an interesting experiment for me.
You can use a boot CD/DVD/USB to try a Linux distro out without installing. It performs a bit worse probably due to this but gives a first impression.

Have been a linux only user for the last 12 years, only bought a windows 7 license last year for some games that just don't want to work right with wine. I don't touch win 10 with a ten foot pole and that shit does not get into my network. I am sharing my internet with my neighbours but they are on a seperate wlan/vlan. Can't tell them what OS to use, so the best I can do is route their traffic through pfsense, to at least provide some protection against tracking and ads with pfblocker-ng.

I started with Suse 6.1 back in the day (but i got rid of windows completely later, not sure how long ago suse 6.1 was released), am running a debian server somewhere in Germany but use manjaro at home and at work now, after falling in love with arch. Manjaro is a bit more convenient though.

How far has a (solid) dual boot solution currently matured? I've heared that there are still some issues, mainly due Win10 or UEFI and stuff like that.
I've also heared that MS put some Linux-Stuff into Windows, but no clue what this is actualy made for. ^^"

I had to deactivate UEFI for my former dual-boot setup, but that was with a 10 year old mainboard and WinXP, no idea whether it has gotten easier or more complicated since then. I wouldn't put it past MS to put some additional obstacles to dual-booting into place.
Other than that it was never a problem. Install Windows/another Linux distro/ArcaOS/whatever first and then Mint/Ubuntu afterwards, it will configure the dual boot menu for boot automatically.

I think you can disable the secure-boot thing. Remember that you needed to have a signed bootloader of something otherwise.

My systems dual boot (Ubuntu/Win10) installed easily, the only problem I had was the time. Windows uses BIOS time while Linux corrects the BIOS time to your time-zone.
If I remember correctly I disabled the time correction in Ubuntu as there is no way you can change Windows to function otherwise.
Not had any problems with the bootloader being overwritten or forgetting there is a second OS on the computer.

Yeah, Windows rather daftly writes local time to the RTC, which isn't a major proplem here in the old land except for when it comes to adapting to daylight savings or the reverse. At least for donkey's years now that's been standardised across Europe, and computers know when it's going to happen, so you can still convert that back to UTC for your timestamps for files and things. Since 1981 apparently, although for years afterwards that didn't stop you having to go round the house and reset all of the clocks in March and October.

I use NixOS and it is the best by far! Especially building packages is much nicer. With RPM you never know if you missed some files that will linger on your file system, but NixOS solves this issue completely. It has atomic rollbacks, and if I switch laptop I just copy over my /etc/nixos directory and when I then run nixos-install it automatically installs all the packages that I want, makes the users, starts all proper deamons and does everything else that I configured. No need to spent hours manually getting the right packages and system-wide configuration.

There is much more to love about NixOS. I used to be quite a distro hopper but now I really do not think that I am going to switch GNU/Linux distro anytime soon.

I work in Information Technology technical support and use all 3 OS's as I don't see the point in discriminating as they all serve their own purpose.

Back