Are We There Yet Game

rellikevol

Still Fresh
Anyone ever play this old, but awesome, puzzle game? I know it is now abandonware. Used to play in DOS on the computer. Is there anyway to play it on Pandy or get it ported?

Edit:

Yes, the name of the game is "Are We There Yet?"

Last edited by a moderator:
No source code, no port, no exception!

Though if it's for DOS, I would suggest giving it a crack under DOSBox.

I must admit to not having heard of such a game, assuming that the game's title is indeed present in the name of this thread. :p (As an aside, by the by, there is no such legal concept as "abandonware" - there's just no such thing. ;) )

As for playing it on the Pandora, we do have DOSBox, although you may want to check the compatibility list on DOSBox's official website in order to see if it's supported, first.

EDIT: Ninjafied. :ph34r:

I must admit to not having heard of such a game, assuming that the game's title is indeed present in the name of this thread. :p (As an aside, by the by, there is no such legal concept as "abandonware" - there's just no such thing. ;) )

As for playing it on the Pandora, we do have DOSBox, although you may want to check the compatibility list on DOSBox's official website in order to see if it's supported, first.

EDIT: Ninjafied. :ph34r:
Seems to work fine in DOSBOX. No sound. but didnt try to get working yet. Just completed map of USA using nubs etc. 850mhz. Would be cool if stylus worked/was calibrated though.

Cheers

There's an alternative MOUSE.DRV floating around which fixes the touch screen.

Would be interested to see that alternate mouse driver.. Warcraft and Warcraft II(OPP5/950mhz) may be more playable.. It's almost playable now if the cursor didn't always shift on me occasionally.

Would be interested to see that alternate mouse driver.. Warcraft and Warcraft II(OPP5/950mhz) may be more playable.. It's almost playable now if the cursor didn't always shift on me occasionally.

I'd love to see this too. My board search only yields this thread when i search for mouse.drv... Anyone know where this bad boy might be?

I think it's on GP32X. Remember to install Windows 3.1 (via DOSBox, of course) first, THEN replace the driver.

I think it's on GP32X. Remember to install Windows 3.1 (via DOSBox, of course) first, THEN replace the driver.

Alright, I *think* I've tracked down the post in question though I would appreciate a little reassurance that I understand what's supposed to happen here. Currently I play many games in Dosbox on my pandora. The primary issue I have is that the touchscreen is super fiddly and often 'clicking' on places quite far from where my stylus is touching. This is usually caused by touching a part of the screen that's outside of the resolution of the game, but usually resolved by a quick alt+enter to window mode dosbox and alt+enter again to full screen is back. (I do this frequently :) )

You're saying that somehow if I install win3.1 in my dosbox instance, but replace the mouse driver with the one listed in that post that my touchscreen issues will be fixed? How does dosbox know to use that new driver if I'm not running win3.1?

Alternately is there a different place to put the driver so dosbox cares about it, or do I have the wrong post entirely?

Ah yes, that's the right file. Yes, simply obtain a copy of Windows 3.1 (type the name of the setup executable sans file extension), then after it's done installing, simply replace the MOUSE.DRV file. Automatically used. You can run your games through Windows 3.1 as well.

Back