Are We Still Expecting A 1.5 Firmware?

There was no 1.3, 1.4 is public, not a beta. Don't know for sure about 1.5, but I'm sticking with 1.2 :)

Hanz™ posted on Mar 13 2006 at 07:17 PM said:
No.

Edit: And 1.4 is no longer beta since like ages ago.

Sorry guys, was out of circulation for a while and thought that everyone still meant the beta when they were talking about 1.4.

So no more revisions then? Can I take the firmware is now perfect then?

Is 1.4 much of an improvement in terms of battery life or the media player functions?

Last edited by a moderator:
sinkyboy2000 posted on Mar 13 2006 at 02:31 PM said:
Hanz™ posted on Mar 13 2006 at 07:17 PM said:
No.

Edit: And 1.4 is no longer beta since like ages ago.

Sorry guys, was out of circulation for a while and thought that everyone still meant the beta when they were talking about 1.4.

So no more revisions then? Can I take the firmware is now perfect then?

Is 1.4 much of an improvement in terms of battery life or the media player functions?

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=25983

to be honest nothing new has been happening with the gp2x atall, most of the wanted emulators are perfected and to be honest there isnt much to complain about since firmware 1.4.0 is great.
mayby thell be another kick start again soon. i hope :D
what we could hopefully see now is the gp2x turning into a PC and having a basic open office running on the gp2x, and mayby a holographic projector keyboard thingy. and i dont know if its possible but getting a decent of win95 emulator and being able to run win 95 games on it.

pantera6 posted on Mar 13 2006 at 08:26 PM said:
to be honest nothing new has been happening with the gp2x atall, most of the wanted emulators are perfected and to be honest there isnt much to complain about since firmware 1.4.0 is great.
mayby thell be another kick start again soon. i hope :D
what we could hopefully see now is the gp2x turning into a PC and having a basic open office running on the gp2x, and mayby a holographic projector keyboard thingy. and i dont know if its possible but getting a decent of win95 emulator and being able to run win 95 games on it.
erm, I dont think things are about to slow down yet.
Many emus are great but not perfected. gngeo could do with more options, SNES will be improved, GBA will be improved, NES will definitely be improved. Playstation could become playable on some games at some point. MAME is improving all the time as is UAE4all and gngeo. Definitely things to look forward to.

Even when Emus do slow down as they did at times for the GP32, a new coder will come along with an amazing emu which could perfect a certain system. Look at the history of MegaDrive emulators on the GP32 for example.

And then we have the best things about the GP2X commnunity- homebrew games which wll always be released. Not to mention any advancements made in replacing the firmware with HH or whatever.

anyone thinking of bringing some gp32 games to gp2x?
was looking around and saw there were a few decent games on the gp32 that used the doom engine, which are also on the ipod linux. theres a goldeneye for the gp32 and i dont know if its any good, but it would be good to have these games.
and i remembered a complaint, the stick, i saw someone was using some stick that looked like one off the xbox which is dead great. it looked like Dave C's cap but it was made out of rubber or something :p looked great.
when we getting those.

1.5.0 is currently in betatest since a few days.
I don't know what's new yet, though.

EvilDragon posted on Mar 14 2006 at 12:11 AM said:
So it is being made?! I guess I have been away from irc a little too long too actually know myself.

EvilDragon posted on Mar 14 2006 at 01:11 AM said:
Good to hear that, thanks.

Hory posted on Mar 13 2006 at 06:39 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on Mar 14 2006 at 01:11 AM said:
Good to hear that, thanks.
YAY! Hopefully cramFS version really soon, or maybe its not needed ?
*hopes*

declaration posted on Mar 13 2006 at 08:38 PM said:
erm, I dont think things are about to slow down yet.
Many emus are great but not perfected. gngeo could do with more options, SNES will be improved, GBA will be improved, NES will definitely be improved. Playstation could become playable on some games at some point. MAME is improving all the time as is UAE4all and gngeo. Definitely things to look forward to.

Actually I have noticed that many of the coders that were around in the beginning have been pretty quiet recently. Skeezix, Reesy, Squidge, The guy that did the Stella port, Snaff, Foft, Tuskenraider have seem to have taken a break. Not sure what happened unless it is all of this talk about the XGP is making them sit back and wait for that, or maybe they are just tired. I have noticed a slowdown though, It seemed to start when the board had that virus.

Yes, the virus was a pain in the butt. I use AOL, fortunately I use McAfee as one of my protections, and it intercepted the virus script before it could do harm. I still kept off the forum for a few days, I am sure many other people did too.

Back