Are There Anymore Preorders Being Taken?

Still waiting on final order details and billing. I'm stoked that I can get one from the first batch, but I wanna pay so I know my spot is secured.

I can't see why they would refuse money? If they're out, they would just tell you they're currently sold out but they'll put in a reservation so you get one as soon as the next batch is made... Personally, I am waiting until they're actually made and ready to be bought (just in case), and most likely so are a lot of other people, so as soon as they officially announce the pandora is complete and ready for shipment, they're probably going to be swamped and most likely sold out fast... So I don't think they're going to have money problems :) Just hopefully once the first batch is done, the 2nd batch will be faster and easier!

And I hope hundreds of thousands of people buy a pandora. This project deserves the exposure and success.

And in regards to future hardware revisions, I think it has taken this long so it is released perfect from the get go.
I'm betting there are quite a few people that are holding off until the first batch ships to order one. People are hesitant with a product until they see the final version.
You can count me as one of these people. I'm a bit nervous that the Cortex A9 is coming out soon, outdated already? I definitely want to get one but will wait to see a review and some more opinions on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Soon" is, alas, a relative concept - and just as the predicted "soon-ness" of the Pandora may have been optimistic, so too is the delivery date of most new processor packages.

There is always a nicer, faster, lower-power-consumption more-cores CPU package on its way "just around the corner" - but it often takes a year or two before it ACTUALLY arrives in equipment that is ready to use. There is no point waiting indefinately for the BEST EVER device, because that device has yet to be designed (and it will NEVER be designed - because there will always be a better one "soon"). One has to take ones wallet in both hands, choose an appropriate time, and dive right in. Otherwise one will remain forever 2without", waiting for the "ultimate machine".

I would like to show my support by pre-ordering. I don't care if there aren't any left from the 1st batch, I'll take one from the 2nd or 3rd.
Why would it matter, anyway? I trust you guys totally.

I'm all set to get mine whenever it's ready. Hopefully sooner rather than later :) I'm just glad I could place my order in time. I think the product will be great, and first batch orders are probably going to influence the size and number of future production runs so anyone with the cash to spend and a fondness for open source hardware and software should get behind this project ;)

And I am not saying that because I'm some kind of fanboy, cause I'm not. There is seriously nothing else like the Pandora out there at the moment. Not that I can find anyway. A device like this might actually shake things up a little and make larger companies realize that people want functional devices without restrictions rather than shiny status symbols hindered by poor design choice and endless security updates.

2. OpenPandora ordered more than we pre-ordere din the first place, by hundreds or even perhaps a thousand, so on top of the "canelled2 units, they have hundreds of spare units for sale. New orders are just taking up the slack that they built in by pre-ordering 4000 instead of (say"] 3000.
Original number of Orders: 3800.
Amount that Craig and Co. are making: 4000

They decided to make 200 extra so that they'd have some left over for more sales, as well as for replacements if something happens to someone's Pandora.

-God Ginrai[/quote]Pandora will be released by Christmas 2008.

2. OpenPandora ordered more than we pre-ordere din the first place, by hundreds or even perhaps a thousand, so on top of the "canelled2 units, they have hundreds of spare units for sale. New orders are just taking up the slack that they built in by pre-ordering 4000 instead of (say"] 3000.

They decided to make 200 extra so that they'd have some left over for more sales, as well as for replacements if something happens to someone's Pandora.

-God Ginrai
Pandora will be released by Christmas 2008.[/quote]That makes no sense.

-God Ginrai

-God Ginrai
Pandora will be released by Christmas 2008.
That makes no sense.

-God Ginrai[/quote]
I'm tired, I ache, and I'm hungry. So I'll be brief.

that was my point. Your response to my post was senseless. I emulated your post as closely as I could to try and highlight this without getting all wordy and/or speculative.

Back