Are There Anymore Preorders Being Taken?

sold

songs in the key of AAAAAARRRGH!
As of today, are any more orders being taken for first batch? I had to cancel my order after being refunded the first time around :( But I can afford it again, so I'd like to place an order if possible. And if so, are credit cards being accepted now?

As of today, are any more orders being taken for first batch? I had to cancel my order after being refunded the first time around :( But I can afford it again, so I'd like to place an order if possible. And if so, are credit cards being accepted now?
Credit cards are still not accepted and probably won't be until the next batch. If you email openpandorasales@gmail.com they will tell you if any are still available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Credit cards are still not accepted and probably won't be until the next batch. If you email openpandorasales@gmail.com they will tell you if any are still available.
I got lucky and emailed them late last week. I am now the proud recipient of one email saying I can have a Pandora when they're released :)

No harm in trying.

they keep selling and selling. i think people are canceling their orders, because else, all the pandora's would have been sold by now.
There are several possible conclusions that could be drawn - one of them is, as you say, that the apparently semi-constant trickle of new orders is possible because there's a similar semi-constant trickle of cancellations.

I won't list ALL the other possibilities, but here's a couple:

1. More people cancelled (or failed to re-order) than we imagine, and the number of new orders has not caught up with the number of units OpenPandora has ordered yet (even taking into account that some of the 4000 will be allocated to manufacturing failure rate and spares).

2. OpenPandora ordered more than we pre-ordered n the first place, by hundreds or even perhaps a thousand, so on top of the "cancelled" units, they have hundreds of spare units for sale. New orders are just taking up the slack that they built in by pre-ordering 4000 instead of (say) 3000.

Because of all the delays I'm starting to think that I should preorder so I don't have to wait so long for the 2nd batch. At the same time I'm thinking that something might go wrong with the first batch or they realize they could do something better so the 2nd batch is a safer bet.

Because of all the delays I'm starting to think that I should preorder so I don't have to wait so long for the 2nd batch. At the same time I'm thinking that something might go wrong with the first batch or they realize they could do something better so the 2nd batch is a safer bet.
As I see it;

1. Pandora is a huge success - 2nd batch will just be a fresh production run of the batch 1 spec. to quickly meet the demand.
(More chance of an improved 'Pandora II' but many many months away)

2. Pandora sells only OK - Chances of another production run = slim
(i.e. most of batch 1)

3. Pandora is a flop - Chances of another production run = Nil
(i.e. several 100's left)

If you want one I would order one now, why risk not getting one?

Just my £0.02

CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT!

What if OP are only delaying until they've sold enough 1st batch models to cover production costs? We don't know how many cancellations haven't yet been taken up! OMG IT'S ANOTHER CONSPIRACY! WE WON'T GET ANY PANDORAS UNTIL THEY'VE SOLD THEM ALL!

etc.

D.

I got a reply from the openpandora sales people :) It's all good! I get a pandora!

And I hope hundreds of thousands of people buy a pandora. This project deserves the exposure and success.

And in regards to future hardware revisions, I think it has taken this long so it is released perfect from the get go.

And I hope hundreds of thousands of people buy a pandora. This project deserves the exposure and success.

And in regards to future hardware revisions, I think it has taken this long so it is released perfect from the get go.
I'm betting there are quite a few people that are holding off until the first batch ships to order one. People are hesitant with a product until they see the final version.

I'm betting there are quite a few people that are holding off until the first batch ships to order one. People are hesitant with a product until they see the final version.
And I have no problem watching them turn green for a few months while they kick their heels waiting for a second batch :D

I cancelled a few days ago and am now waiting for the second batch. You probably got mine mate!

I doubt they would stop at the first run though, the things sold out fast, and the hard work is already done. Very worst scenario they might up the price for the second batch, but I doubt it.

I will make a prediction: either the first batch is enough of a success that more will be made, or so many people will cancel that funds run completely dry and production is halted before the first final final FINAL one is created, and no one gets one, although I'm sure parts will be liquidated off to try and reduce the debt.
So the risk in canceling is not that there won't be a second batch, but in that there won't even be a first.
That's just my prediction though, I see no logical reason for anything but these two outcomes.

Back