[Application] PLUM (DLNA client)

I had a hang on my Pandora too, but I realized I had mistakenly tried to play a file the Pandora was incapable of playing. So just as a reminder, DLNA doesn't transcode, it is just a type of local file share. So a 1080p movie isn't gonna work, but the server will still provide it in the list it sends to PLUM.

EDIT: I was incorrect, some DLNA servers do transcode over DLNA apparently, see the next comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's worth bearing in mind though, that you can get servers which will transcode content. PS3 Media Server and MediaTomb are 2 that spring to mind. The first post in this thread has a config file for PS3 Media Server, so it will recognise PLUM and recode stuff on the fly for it.

It's worth bearing in mind though, that you can get servers which will transcode content. PS3 Media Server and MediaTomb are 2 that spring to mind. The first post in this thread has a config file for PS3 Media Server, so it will recognise PLUM and recode stuff on the fly for it.
My Bad, I was unware that any server would transcode over DLNA. I am familar with the DLNA protocol, but not uptodate. Sending the capablities of the client to the server and having the server respond in kind with appropriate transcoding is nifty. Sorry, I misdirected the conversation.

On a Different Note:

I haven't been using Plum as a local frontend to smplayer2, but since it has that ability, I gave it a shot.

I noticed a glitch tho. Plum did not quote/escape the file.

I browsed to the local file: SD:/video/tv/show name/show name - 01x01.mp4

It didn't play. I then browsed to the file in smplayer2 and it did play.

I went to the "Recent List" under Open->Recent and saw that it had tried to open:

1 01x01.mp4

2 name

3 show

4 show

perhaps this can be worked into an update.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

Browsing to my local:

SD:/music/artist/[ year ] - Album/

gave me no entries at all in the file listing.

they are mp3s; I have tried no other formats/ext

Please keep up the good work.

This is a much need tool, and is appreciated.

-DEJ

Thanks for the feedback. There's a new version on the repo which should fix these issues. For local music, I added mp3 and m4a, with playback from audacious. If you've got other music formats, or want to use a different player, please edit <SDCARD>/pandora/appdata/plum/home/profile.txt.

If at all possible, I think a good feature would be making it so the user can configure what commands are used for launching the streams. The way it is now, in order to use mplayer for both I have to mount the PND and edit the shell scripts. Maybe some kind of configuration file with a string for each command?

EDIT: Nevermind, I can see that it has that already. Sorry about that!

Back