Apple Usb Wall Charger

draziw77

Still Fresh
I have one of these http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Charger-Adaptor-Shuffle-Classic/dp/B002KEXS44 and its output is 5v 1.0a. Does anyone know because of the high amp rating if I use this to charge my WIZ if it will fry it? The forum stated 500-700ma for chargers but would love to have a plug in the wall usb charger for the unit. Thanks in advance for your help!
-Scott

When it comes to amperage, a device will only take what it needs. There is no danger in plugging a device rated for a lower amperage into a changer rated higher than the device. The reverse is what's bad. The charger could overheat if too much amperage is requested of it.

mindlord said:
When it comes to amperage, a device will only take what it needs. There is no danger in plugging a device rated for a lower amperage into a changer rated higher than the device. The reverse is what's bad. The charger could overheat if too much amperage is requested of it.

Thanks for the answer, I lack knowledge when it comes to electrical things. Definitely looking forward to more gaming with a full battery and my wall charger :)

Last edited by a moderator:
mindlord said:

Hey I just phone an old phone charger for a flip samsung phone I used to own. The plug works in the Wiz and its a wall charger. I noticed that it is 5.2V 800mah output would it be ok to charge my Wiz having the .2 extra volts?
-Scott

draziw said:
Hey I just phone an old phone charger for a flip samsung phone I used to own. The plug works in the Wiz and its a wall charger. I noticed that it is 5.2V 800mah output would it be ok to charge my Wiz having the .2 extra volts?
-Scott
Voltage is another matter entirely. Typically you can't afford to be off on the voltage. You could damage the charging circuit if it's not designed to operate with a good amount of tolerance. If it were me, I wouldn't risk it. Also, the polarity of the plug could be reversed and it will definitely cause the Wiz to release the magic blue smoke.

mindlord said:
draziw said:
-Scott
Voltage is another matter entirely. Typically you can't afford to be off on the voltage. You could damage the charging circuit if it's not designed to operate with a good amount of tolerance. If it were me, I wouldn't risk it. Also, the polarity of the plug could be reversed and it will definitely cause the Wiz to release the magic blue smoke.

Thanks for the heads up, I won't be using it then.
-Scott

Back