Apple, the Evil Itself or cool electronic toys?

So this afternoon, the Preeorder for the Iphone 16 will start, i try to get one, even though the AI Features will become available much later in Europe..
I have allready an Case and did also order an Magsafe Powerbank that would stay on Back of the Iphone and Charge wirelessly, if this would provide enought Extra Power so it dosnt matter if i read books on the Phone, i think i will not Carry my E-Book Reader anymore..

The Pope, also the CEO of an Company that works whit an invisible Helper, did warn on "AI" another invisible Helper .. ^^

At the Moment, on the Electronic Company im try to Preeorder the Iphone online, they say its not Possible to deliver it to my nearest Electronic Market from them, but maybe this might change when the Preeorders open..

I think i will also buy an USBA to USBC Cable for my Car, or i clip the MagSafe Powerbank to my Phone Holder and then the Iphone on the Powerbank via the MagSafe Magnets..

Corporations are only as Evil as governments let them be. That's what people are distracted from. Politicians blame corporations (and foreigners) because they are easy targets but eg inequality is created by government policy.

On the news yesterday it was reported that EU was fining these BIG US tech companies to fund it's social services..
Post automatically merged:

Very clever that Apple call their earpods hearing aides after everyone has been using them this way of years.

Reactions: rSl
Well, i have now non Apple "Airpods", (Jabra Elite 8 2Gen) them ANC is not that good like they where on the Airpods, and the Hear True Mode is usable but the things from Apple got much more nice featues

But the Jabra where Waterproof (Stereo Music in Shower ^^ ) and quite Sturdy: i had now 2 time where they fell on the Asphalt and the Case got only a few scretches..

So Airpods as Hearing Aid might actually work, the only thing is that you look allways like you would wear Airpods, while Hearing Aid Devices are now quite invisible..

do we have realtime audio translation yet?
obviously that will be big.
maybe NN's aren't fast enough** yet.

I did it: Media Market now got 1329 € from me, and they will deliver for the 9-20-24 to my DHL Packet Station, lets hope this thing is save enough .. ^^
It was not possible chose "Pickup on the Market" sadly but now its done ..
The Blue normal Iphone 16, but whit 512 gb this time ..
No 4 Days bevor Release Camping on the Door of an Apple Store, the Packet Station is on my Way Home, now i only have do decide when i make the Phone Switching, ..

Whit Apple its only a matter of Opening my Iphone XR Panzer Case, push the SIM Card out, put it back in the 16, and then i can try to get booth on the same IOS Version so it can exchange the Settings and Stuff ..

In other News: The Camera Button is now on the opposite Side than the Volume Buttons, which means if you Photograph in Landscape, you are not likely like bevor covering the Lens whit the Hand you are using to push the Button as the Lens is now on the opposite side of the Hands you hold the IPhone whit ..
On IPhone XR, i had push the Volume Buttons as some sort of Camera Trigger, ..

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk Pro

So I recently switched to an iPhone (13). I decided to do this so I could finally actually compare iOS to Android in actual use, and because I was getting tired of literally no updates on my Android phones shortly after I get them (because I refuse to buy overpriced flagship phones). I have used my wife’s old one in the past, however it was mainly just for web browsing, so I didn’t get much experience with it.

Over the last month or so, I have decided that I actually prefer iOS over Android. There are a couple minor things that irritate me, but they are mainly due to my being a long time Android user. Sure, it would be nice to have more freedom to put whatever I want on here, but one thing I decided before switching is that I wanted to check out actual security of the default os, and Apple definitely wins there.

If I want something to experiment with and install tons of crazy software, there is the Pyra, which has an actual keyboard, but for typical smartphone stuff I am fine for now. I will be doing my first major iOS upgrade next week, a few days after it is released, to make sure they didn’t screw everything up. I looked at the features they will be adding, and a few of them seem cool, but once again they are adding stuff that has long been an option in Android, so nothing to write home about.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, forgot to add that Elon Musk complaining about iPhones a while back was a minor contributing factor in me considering switching.

I was getting tired of literally no updates on my Android phones shortly after I get them (because I refuse to buy overpriced flagship phones
I still get regular (monthly) updates on my ten year old Sony Xperia, and have much more freedom than regular "flagships". Fortunately there are still options outside of Google and Apple.

I have now my Old Iphone and the Ipad updatet to IOS 18 (Or IpadOS 18), works allready, and these User Configurable Under Menues on the Controll Center might be quite Usefull ^^
The Ipad finally got an Offizial Calculator App ^^

I really hope my Order will get shipped today as my Deal whit the Packet Station is that i navigate to it only on my Way home, i will not Fire Up my Diesel Engine only to Pick it up..

Move Over to the New Iphone will be a bit annoying: i will have to reconnect my Watch (not an Apple Watch), move the Online Banking App, and log in to every other App i have on the Iphone..

As the new Iphone got an MagSafe Magnet on the Back, i did change a bit in my Pockets: The Iphone will get an MagSafe Powerbank so it will run quite long even if i use it for Reading Books, so i can keep the E-Book Reader out of this Pocket, but it means i get some free space so i have now the Anbernic RG 35 XX SP in my other Pocket ^^

I had at least one cool apple gadget once, a tv tuner card for my mac in '94. It allowed me to plug in the cable and watch any channel on a small low resolution window. This was early cd-rom days and I wasn't aware of anyone else watching full tv on their computer. But my idea was to play SNES but there was too much lag (latency). I could take really nice un-blurry screenshots of video games though. I don't recall if the tuner card was an apple product or third party but it was cool.

Being able to order something online and pick it up on an Pakage Station is quite nice, imagine i would have to get 2 Days Vacations only to be able to Camp on the Apple Store Doors ..

So DHL says it should be deliefered today, i had planed a few things: my Idea was to Clip in the Batteriepack to my Car Smartphone Holder, but its dosnt hold up the Batterie itselfs that save, so i think i would then Clip in the Iphone itself whitouth the Batteriepack for Navigation in Car, or will get an MagSafe Smartphone Holder, i will test this..
Might be i will lost a few % during Use in Car, but i have this Powerbank anyway whit me which gives 15 Watts Output over Wireless Charging, so it should not matter much..

Im using an Small TV as an PC Monitor, and the Ipad as Second Display which works quite good, at least when you want to display only Text, as its a bit too Slow over WIFI to Display Video or Games on the Ipad..

The Camera Button and the Makro Lens, so i could make cool Pictures of small things, might be i will make and post a lot more Pictures then (Instagram?)
The Action Buttons might also come "Handy" as i can put there the Notebook on..
Might be i will also use Apple Intelligence when its available in Germany..

There are lot of other Features its contains that are not new but as my old I-Handy was an XR, i did not had them like the MagSafe stuff for Cordless Charging (and attaching the Handy to Holders only via Magnet), 5G Internet, OLED Screen (lets hope its now finally usable as an E-Book Reader Outside),

Oh and USBC: Only one Cable needed On the Go, ..

Meanwhile, I did move over my whole stuff from the old I-Mobil Telefon to the new one yesterday …
Was actually quite easy even for the Online Banking I did had fear a bit because it’s a bit difficult whit the TAN App and I can’t remember my Online Banking Number at all ..

I should not use this Powerbank, but I did not got any fire yet, and I did use it the whole last week on my old Phone..

I have 5G at Home, and use it now to download my Apple Music Stuff.. this is lot of work and pulls on the Battery, but well I have 10.000 mah Extra..

My Phone Tripod Mount fits, but it’s not quite optimal: it’s covers the Camera Button, so I think I will buy a new one whit Magnet instead of the Clamps..

I will see what happens whit my Car Windscreen Mount..

Seems like my Bluetooth FM Transmitter in my Car first needs the OLD Iphone to disconnect: I had this Morning the Issue that its dosnt Automatically Connected to the New Iphone,..
this means i have to take tomorrow my Old one also whit me to delete it from the Transmitter.. lets hope this works this way.. its a bit anoying, every time i start the Engine i have to take my Phone out and Click on the Bluetooth Settings in the Control Center to Reconnect to "Radio Doblo" ..

On the Plus Side: Apple Pay and the DHL App you need to Pickup Stuff from the Paket Station which also needs to register the Phone did work this Morning quite fine ..

I worked for a phone manufacturer that was trying to be decent (refused a contract with a lower-cost Chinese factory after a visit that reported blocked fire exits and other work condition issues, did surprise visits to check for child workers, etc.),

I asked about our coltan source and I was told that we paid a bit above base price and got a certificate that said it didn't came from a conflict zone but that we didn't have the means to check that.

Back