Appimage instead of pnd?

That doesn't make them bad, just not as secure as advertised.

It's bad that they're fragmenting Linux community once again for this kind of project (other projects are fine when fragmented, but not this one).

And security in this very project IS essential. Running random untrusted binaries on your system outside of a functional sandbox is plain stupid. We don't need another Windows system.

Besides, isn't Pyra planned to run Wayland anyway?

I don't know. OpenPandora was the best gaming device I ever had, so I just expect to use Pyra to run games on whatever system you guys think it works best for you. Wayland has that "every frame is perfect" and "better battery usage" propaganda, but I don't know how well it plays with closed source hardware drivers. The xwayland layer for old software may be suboptimal, but at least SDL2 already seems to support Wayland, so we're half-way there.

wayland isn't planned as default, as it requires the GPU to be on all the time. (and if that were the case, we could have circumvented the rotator chip.)

wayland isn't planned as default, as it requires the GPU to be on all the time. (and if that were the case, we could have circumvented the rotator chip.)
Afaik, that's mostly wrong. Wayland uses EGL for compositing the client buffers instead of using a 30+ years old API, but this can also be executed on the CPU.

X11 is old but very stable, I'd prefer not to have something so new and untested. Also I want to be able to use x2x.

Why are you choosing Pyra then? I'm joking, of course. But this is not in or out.

Wayland is not that new just as the Pyra's SoC is not that old (you might very find bugs in drivers...).
Well, there are things I want to do that need X. Unless Wayland is also client/server or otherwise network transparent.

Wayland is client/server but not network transparent, since this requires having a drawing API.

Back