Apocalypso

Imerion

Since the results from the BennuGD/GPH game programming compo are out I guess it's okay I post my entry, Apocalypso, here.

In Apocalypso you play as Dirk Dirtland as he tries to defend a city from a robot invasion. Enemies will attack both from far away as well as from inside the city, so Dirk will have to use both his weapon and his flexible shield as well as enhance his abilities through different upgrades in order to fend off all attackers and live to tell the tale.
5 different levels, each with a different tactical situation and a unique boss awaits our hero as he fights to save the remnants of a lost world.

It's an arcade shooter with a few interesting twists. All versions can be downloaded here : Apocalypso

Any suggestions for improvements will, as usual, be appreciated. :)

20e319ea5e.gif

Hi. Every time I try to play this game the touch screen stop working properly and the only way to calibrate it again it's to reboot the wiz. Anybody else has this problem?

Hmm, that is strange. I haven't noticed anything like that, but it might have to do with the overclocking used. The game uses pollux_set to run the game overclocked.

You are right. I just edited “Apocalypso.gpe”, removed “cpuclk=750” and it started working without any trouble. (just a little slower of course). Maybe I will try it later with another freq or with another firmware, although I really don't mind the current speed of the game. Thank you.

Btw, my firmare is 1.2.1.

Overclocking/underclocking to anything but 533 MHz causes the touchscreen to go all wonky, and I don't think there's anyway to fix it! :(

Ok, so that's the problem. It seemed to work fine, but I guess I never tried playing anything else after testing Apocalypso. I also use firmware 1.2.1.

Perhaps I will go back to this game and optimize it a bit once I am finished with my current projects, so it can work without the overclocking.

Back