Anyone Working On The Nes Emulators?

fishybawb posted on Mar 6 2006 at 11:34 AM said:
resting heart-rate of 166
:eek: !!! Holy shit mate, get better soon! Hope that doesn't entail anything.

Fishynes can wait, surely. Recover yourself first.

Last edited by a moderator:
being in the hospital for an extended amount of time is probably the most terrible thing i've ever had to deal with. it's even worse when they don't know what's wrong with you and there's all this ridiculous testing going on. so fishy here's hoping that the doctors managed to set things straight and that you have a full and speedy recovery.

Damn fishy, that's tough news---get well soon! !

I'm beginning to think NES emulation on GP2X just isn't meant to be.... :(

Hope you feel better soon...

Once you do start working on this again, I have just one suggestion for your emu...make a config or some way to change the input control...I can't play some games with A and B across from each other, if you could map out A to the X button or have A and B (for NES) be any buttons on the GP2X that are next to one another that would be nice...

Otherwise, a few speed optimizations and a couple graphics bug fixes (mario 3 status bar thingie gets scrambled), and this will be a must have emu... Thanks for your hard work...it's well appreciated...

Great to hear back from you so soon. Your work is appreciated. :)

Thanks for all the good wishes guys, much appreciated :)

I've started a new topic in News, but I guess it needs moderator review or whatever, so here you go:

fishyNES 0.01a

To get the emulator to run, copy the whole fishyNES folder to your SD card (includes the
skin directory). ROMs *must* (repeat, MUST) be in a directory called /mnt/sd/roms/nes and
have a .NES extension.

"B" chooses a ROM from the menu
"Select" on the menu screen quits the emulator
"L & R" in-game returns to the menu

The GUI's a little rough and ready, but it (mostly) works :D

Sweet fishy!!!

One quick and simple request for the next release. Could you add the option to jump pages in the menu with L&R, or have the option to hold up or down to scroll really fast? I have a rather large NES rom collection and some faster browsing options would go a long way!

Thanks again!

naples39 posted on Mar 11 2006 at 08:03 PM said:
Sweet fishy!!!

One quick and simple request for the next release. Could you add the option to jump pages in the menu with L&R, or have the option to hold up or down to scroll really fast? I have a rather large NES rom collection and some faster browsing options would go a long way!

Thanks again!

Thanks, I'll add that to the list of things to do :)

There's a new topic for the emulator now, please post any more suggestions/comments/whatever in that one instead:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=26609

Last edited by a moderator:
Back