GP2X Anyone Worked Out Wi-fi On Gp2x

Hi there,

Sorry to dig up a really old post, but does anyone have the files from the links in the post? I am trying to get my zd1211 adaptor working and need the drivers.

Many thanks.

'nubie' said:
'techFreak' said:
Hello people,

I know some people make Wi-Fi worked on GP2X via BoB? But is there any available driver to download for a specifid Wi-Fi chipset? I searched the forum and got a few broken links.

Thank you in advance.
Here it is, I have fixed the links for you, I will try them out, if they still don't work I may have downloaded those files and I can email them to you. Edit: they appear to be working. I hope this helps.

'Emu&Co' said:
Today I managed to open the GP2X Webserver and Ping my GP2X which was lying 15 meters away from my PC, with the help of a Wireless LAN connection. ;-)

I'll explain you how I did this.
You'll need firmware 2.0.0, because it has network support included.

I the CROSS-compiled the Linux app iwconfig from wireless-tools package v28 statically. (Link: http://mitglied.lycos.de/reimerdaniel/wireless-tools.7z) simply copy the file "iwconfig! on the SD in the root dir.

Also included are Source+my Makefile and other WIFI/WLAN Tools.

Now we need a compiled driver for the WIFI/WLAN Stick. If someone has the ZyDas zd1211 chipset, you have luck. I already built this one. (Link: http://mitglied.lycos.de/reimerdaniel/zd1211.7z) the others have to find one for their WIFI/WLAN Stick.

Now we need a .gpe in the SD root, which loads the driver and which configures the WIFI/WLAN Stick:

modprobe - v zd1211.o
#Name of the driver can be different
ifconfig wlan0 UP
#Name of the WLAN Stick can be, depending upon driver, different too.
./iwconfig wlan0 ESSID TestNet
#The ESSID can be selected as you wish. (Should be identical to the PC Settings)
./iwconfig wlan0 mode Ad-Hoc
#Leave it on Ad Hoc on GP2X and PC
./iwconfig wlan0 rate auto
#Same here, don't change
./iwconfig wlan0 channel 1
#The Channel can be selected as you wish. (Should be identical to the PC Settings)
ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.13 netmask 255.255.255.0
#IP should begin with 192.168.1 on the GP2X AND PC. Subnetmask should not be changed.
cd /usr/gp2x
./gp2xmenu
#Starts Menu again after activating WIFI/WLAN.

Now some settings in the System Menu of the GP2X. Start the GP2X with USB WIFI/WLAN Stick plugged in, otherwise it wont work and change these settings:

USB host = ON
NETWORK = ON
IP = the same as above in the .GPE

According to desire also turn on HTTP, ftp or SAMBA

P.S. The connection is not encrypted in the way explained. So far I also can provide information I was able to collect with my driver only. Thanks to all who helped me with that.

Have fun ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back