Anyone willing to sell their Open Pandora?

Final7King

Still Fresh
Title says it all, I’m looking to buy a Silver Open Pandora. Maximum I can pay for a Silver Model is $300 and that is depending on condition. Let the chats begin!

FYI there are two models of the silver unit. There's the slightly earlier rebirth unit with a CPU that's guaranteed to run at 600MHz or above, and a Gigahertz unit guaranteed to run at 1000MHz or faster. All of the software in the repo will run on either unit type though, although I don't know how well the newer 3D games run, and I'd expect a number of N64 images not to run well on the older unit.

Thanks for the info, and as always, thanks for the reply
Post automatically merged:

$300 for the 1ghz model if possible please. Thanks guys

There's an OpenPandora sitting in my desktop drawer that I don't use anymore. It's a silver GHZ model, no screen cable issues so far. But there's wear on the case, also I wanted to mod two additional shoulder buttons to the unit, so there are small slots at the place where I wanted to add them. I do have a spare case, but since my Pandora's screws don't have enough grip anymore I couldn't remove them to change the case. Also I don't have a charger anymore since the original one had a damaged cable. I used a PSP charger which was kinda slow. Also worth mentioning, I'm located in Germany, so shipping will be a bit expensive. So if you're still interested I'd sell the Pandora with the spare case for 175€ + Shipping (36,99€) to you. In that case, simply send a pm. Thanks!
IMG_20191019_184308.jpg

Would you be willing to swap cases, despite the screw issue? Just as long as you wrap it up to where the device doesn’t come apart, I’ve got pandora screws to replace them personally, but I’m not very handy with taking apart devices and putting them back together, unless it’s got a video tutorial on how to do so or comes with directions. I mean, I have built RasPi’s (so simple), and the Pandora is one single board.. still, if you could do that, I’d be very much willing to go through with the deal via PayPal if so.
Post automatically merged:

There's an OpenPandora sitting in my desktop drawer that I don't use anymore. It's a silver GHZ model, no screen cable issues so far. But there's wear on the case, also I wanted to mod two additional shoulder buttons to the unit, so there are small slots at the place where I wanted to add them. I do have a spare case, but since my Pandora's screws don't have enough grip anymore I couldn't remove them to change the case. Also I don't have a charger anymore since the original one had a damaged cable. I used a PSP charger which was kinda slow. Also worth mentioning, I'm located in Germany, so shipping will be a bit expensive. So if you're still interested I'd sell the Pandora with the spare case for 175€ + Shipping (36,99€) to you. In that case, simply send a pm. Thanks!View attachment 35420
I didn’t quote my last message, but is the spare case authentic? If so, I’ll need your PayPal email, so that I know who I’m going to receive a request for 212€ or $236ish

Last edited:
The hinge is a little tricky to take apart and put back together, which is likely something you'll need to do if you're looking to replace at the very least the keyboard upper part.

Disassembly/assembly instructions here:

As I say, he makes it look easier that I found to get the hinge mechanism out and back in, and as mentioned getting the screws out of the bottom can be harder than it looks there. I mashed the heads trying to get mine out and ended up drilling them out.

Reactions: rSl
Still interested in buying an Open Pandora if anyone is willing to sell. Thanks.

@Final7King You might want to send it to E.D. for repairs first? as @LoopStar also lives in Germany, that should be fast.
Or try again starting December. There were lots of people selling their Pandora for the Summer (june/july) and I expect it will happen again in December (also an expensive month).
Overall, I think it is also a year too late, as what is left are people that just started playing with a Pandora, hardcore users that have their Pandora incorporated to their life (me), or collectors with mint condition Pandora's, which will start selling in about 10 years as collector items.

@Final7King You might want to send it to E.D. for repairs first? as @LoopStar also lives in Germany, that should be fast.
Or try again starting December. There were lots of people selling their Pandora for the Summer (june/july) and I expect it will happen again in December (also an expensive month).
Overall, I think it is also a year too late, as what is left are people that just started playing with a Pandora, hardcore users that have their Pandora incorporated to their life (me), or collectors with mint condition Pandora's, which will start selling in about 10 years as collector items.
Send the handhel to E.D? What’s E.D.?

E.D. is short for EvilDragon, aka. Michael Mrozek who administers this server, and runs the official german Pandora (and other bits) shop, and who rescued the Pandora development when it was basically dropped by the original vendor.

• Love
He charges EUR20 for a complete case replacement, although that also includes the cost of new plastics. I dunno what part of that is the labour charge and what is the cost of the new case, for if you were to supply him with a case you'd already bought, but it should give you an indication of cost.

Just to clear things up a bit, my Pandora isn't going anywhere since I managed to break the lcd-cable. Afaik not even ED has replacements anymore. So it's basically dead.

• Sad
Just to clear things up a bit, my Pandora isn't going anywhere since I managed to break the lcd-cable. Afaik not even ED has replacements anymore. So it's basically dead.

He has no replacement LCD cables anymore because of the high production cost (15 EUR for a single cable if i am not wrong) but i still hope he will find a way to produce more cables in the future as my Pandora is also showing the PTOD.

Back