Anyone wanna buy an amiga cdtv?

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Im gonna put this up on e-bay soon but i thought id ask if anyone here is interested. Some of the e-bay prices are bonkers by the way. Im selling mine at a very reasonable price.

Its a cdtv in excellencent condition with original keyboard, black external diskdrive, black mouse, 2 controllers,  one as new and the other in good nick. and the relevant cables and such. I paid 180 euros for the cdtv with keyboard, one controller and mouse when i bought it a few months ago from an online retro store. I paid around 70 euros for the diskdrive. Im looking to make my money back. So thats 250 euros + postage.

Postage could be 70 euros or so within europe but id get an exact postage quote of course. It's based on weight obviously.

I also have a bunch of games and other software for the cdtv if anyones interested. And of course a couple of caddys for the cd's.

I will sell the games seperately if preferred. Some i paid little for and some i paid quite a bit, wrath of the demon cdtv disc in nice condition was like 60 euros other stuff was like 10 euros.

Only minor stuff is a scratch on the top of the cdtv, just a paint scratch, and a scratch on the top of the diskdrive again just a paint scatch.

If somebody is genuinely interested i will add some photos but hey its in great condition!

2013-06-25 18.42.18.jpg

2013-06-25 18.43.02.jpg

2013-06-25 18.43.41.jpg

2013-06-25 18.40.23.jpg

2013-06-25 18.41.10.jpg

2013-06-25 18.45.27.jpg

2013-06-25 18.45.35.jpg

2013-06-25 18.46.09.jpg

2013-06-25 18.46.53.jpg

2013-06-25 18.47.04.jpg

2013-06-25 18.50.01.jpg

2013-06-25 18.56.18.jpg

2013-06-25 18.56.47.jpg

2013-06-25 18.57.00.jpg

2013-06-25 18.57.14.jpg

2013-06-25 18.59.15.jpg

Clip on case is broken on lemmings box. Cd in very good condition.

Wrath of the demon is in very good condition.

Town with no name is in very good condition.

Advanced military systems is in very good condition. (educational software)

Psygnosis demo disc ( Upcoming games that were never released, intro sequences and music, quite cool as kind of what might have been)

disc in good condition.

Cdtv and all hardware has been Sold: Software is still available.

2013-06-25 18.51.15.jpg

2013-06-25 18.57.29.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice piece of hardware you're selling there. I wish I had some monies to spare to buy it!

(but I already spent too much in retro consoles and computers this year. And we're only at the half of it…)

I had the CDTV in the Past,i love that Thing.

But its too expensive for me.

Which Kickstart have you in?

The Original 1.3?

I know a good Software to View Jpgs from CD for this.

search fjpeg_ECS ^_^

^^^^ well if you reconsider...

Its an unmodified kickstart so just normal.

Photos coming later today.

Hi, I'm interested in this. I've never owned one so I have to ask, do all CD's require a "caddy" ? and how many caddy's come with this CDTV?

I live in the UK so if you could get a postage quote for me.

Arnie.

Hi, I'm interested in this. I've never owned one so I have to ask, do all CD's require a "caddy" ? and how many caddy's come with this CDTV?

I live in the UK so if you could get a postage quote for me.

Arnie.
Hi, yes all cd's require a caddy. Im at my parents place till tuesday but will upload photos on tuesday, I will also get a postage quote on wednesday as im working all day tuesday.

I think there are 3 caddies. I need to weight the parcel on a large set of scales due to bulk and weight.

I have some software too if your interested. I will sell the games individually if you wish.

Software i have is: Wrath of the demon, lemmings, town with no name, a psygnosis demo cd showing a game that was never released etc, some educational/ documentary stuff and maybe more. All cdtv cd games. They are all in good condition but i can take photos. the controllers are wireless infra red.

If you have any more questions just ask or pm me.

Hi, thanks. looking forward to the photo's. Do you, or anyone here, know if it's easy/possible to upgrade it to KS2.0 or even KS3.1? and can you add a Harddrive to it?

Hi, thanks. looking forward to the photo's. Do you, or anyone here, know if it's easy/possible to upgrade it to KS2.0 or even KS3.1? and can you add a Harddrive to it?
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Kickstartswitcher-Micronik-5055-fuer-Amiga-500-600-1000-2000-CDTV-etc-/140999339505?pt=Klassische_Computer&hash=item20d4372df1

There are custom upgrade kickstart devices on e-bay sometimes. There's also a device that alows you to hook up joysticks with the regular pins connector. its on e-bay too. its a custom job.

Cdtv has its own connector. You can hook up an external hardrive but i dunno about internal hacking or anything.

I have a KS switcher that I bought from Amigakit for my A600, that should work.

I read that to upgrade the KS you need to upgrade the extended roms aswell. If I upgrade the roms will KS1.3 still work?

This adapter should allow me to add a HD... Acard AEC-7720U SCSI to IDE bridge, anyone used it?

I have a KS switcher that I bought from Amigakit for my A600, that should work.

I read that to upgrade the KS you need to upgrade the extended roms aswell. If I upgrade the roms will KS1.3 still work?

This adapter should allow me to add a HD... Acard AEC-7720U SCSI to IDE bridge, anyone used it?
I guess the kickstart switcher should work dunno about the bridge thing. as far as i know kick 1.3 should still work.

This is a good article and it explains wht games are rare and wich are not.http://www.amigareport.com/ar501/feature2.html

@ Arnie .I have added pictures. If your still interested we can do a deal on the games/discs. Im only looking to make back what i initially spent really.

I pm'd you too. There should be a red dot at the top of the screen on the envelope icon nect to your username to indicate you have mail.

@ Arnie -

Ok Ive double checked. 

Price is 250 euros + 47 euros postage.

Postage is registered and insured up to 320.00 euros. You will have to sign for it upon receipt.

So that's: One keyboard, one diskdrive, one mouse, 2 controllers, cables and the cdtv console itself.

The 3 caddies are also included though the clip is broken on one of them.

I have carefully packed it and added plenty of padding.

It was quite a trek to get a big enough box and find some bags of shredded paper.

You can pay via paypal if that works for you.

Hi,

CDTV arrived late yesterday, works 100%. :D

Looks like someone dropped it enroute though, the corner is now scratched and dented. :angry: :angry:

The floppy drive needs a bit of TLC as it wont read/write disks properly.

Keyboard is in excellent condition and the controllers work ok.

It took me a good 10 mins to figure out how to load a cd into the caddy :lol:

Overall a great pice of kit, well pleased,

Thanks.

Arnie.

Hi,

Looks like someone dropped it enroute though, the corner is now scratched and dented. :angry: :angry:

Thanks.

Arnie.
Dammit I tried to pack it as good as possible. They must not have handled it with any care. Annoying. Glad your happy. yeah the caddy takes a while to sort. I used music maker on the disc drive a while back and it was fine. Might need a cleaning i guess. My old a500 is filthy and must get a full overhaul soon. Yeah the keyboards in good nick all right. glad someone who appreciates it owns it now. Enjoy.

Hey Arnie. I am fully aware that this message may not reach you because this is on an 8 year old forum post. I am Ethan Morris. I am a High School senior that has a strong interest in retro video games. I have been searching frantically for this one game. The Town With No Name. It seems that in the purchase that you made those 8 years ago, it included that game. I am here to ask if I may purchase this game from you.

I live in the United States so it may be very difficult to do so but I am aware and ready to do a lot to be able to obtain the game of course if you accept. Please consider this as I am only 17 years old.

Thank you, Ethan :)
Hi,

Thanks.

Arnie.

Reactions: rSl
Unfortunately Arnie has not been at this forum since 6th July 2013. I assume they just signed up to buy this package.

I would assume they are long gone.

Back