Release Anyone interested in developing an AR game?

sean1279

Still Fresh
It seems to me that Pandora would be a great platform for an augmented reality game. Care to brainstorm here?

plenty of USB cameras out there. plenty of processing power. plenty of smart people with this device (soon).

Most of them games were nice concepts

But actually played pretty rubbish :(

Back when I had a Gizmondo, there were a few conceptual AR titles - but they were pretty crap - and yes you needed a camera to work

Now if you said VR games - using those Spectacles which project games like they were on 40-50" inch screens that would be be wicked

Here's the thing. Back when VR was around I got a chance to play some commercial VR games and I thought they were rubbish. The world is waiting for someone to make an AR game that works. I think of AR in terms of 3-dimensional graphics. Most early 3d games sucked, but something started to take shape. The potential for AR is there. VR was missing one key element, It was difficult to make it a spectator sport.

Game Concept: Find the Lemon.

Objective: Use your touchscreen to click yellow pixels in your camera's environment.

hmm...explain more. I like the idea of incorporating the touchscreen! Now you've got me thinking... Come on poeple, use those noggins.

Back