Anyone here know anything about Apple TV..?

Garrett

Advanced Member
I'm considering purchasing one (Mk 2 version now?) to use primarily to run XBMC & stream media via apps such as the fantastic Navi-X etc.. has anyone here done this (I'm guessing a Jailbreak would be required) is it easy to do, does it work OK & would it be worth the box investment?

Thanks.

EDIT:

It's been suggested that an Android TV stick would be a far better option (& cheaper) for what I want.. can anyone suggest some worth looking at, preferably something that copes well with 1080p content.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all jailbreaks it depends on the version of the firmware and baseband firmware installed, I believe.

The Apple TV is able to jailbreak, except for Apple TV 3

I don't think this is doable still just yet.

I've always used redmondpie for info, this page might be of use:

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ios-6.1.2-untethered-on-iphone-5-4s-ipod-touch-and-all-other-devices-using-evasi0n-tutorial/

Using the evasi0n tool, which runs on Win/Mac/Linux.

Typically a pretty simple process thanks to the ease of the tools provided by these teams, though personally I've not done a Apple TV but I know mates who have. They've not said anything about it being any harder than the phones.

I'd just double check to make sure the one you getting is not the 3, as might be stuck there...

Back