Anyone Heard Of This Cure For Cancer?

I've got a better idea, Hollywood remakes 'Innerspace' with Eugene Levy shrunk down and sent in to kill all the cancers.

At the end there is a giant explosion and a twist - it is infact Eugene Levy who is dead and thus Hollywood is saved from its own cancer.

University of Alberta? Cool. ;) Interesting article, but as the foreword suggests, it's still a little early to call this a miracle drug. Hopefully it pans out. I'm sure everyone here has known someone who's suffered from cancer and it's not the end I'd wish for.

EDIT: Rereading article, what I posted here made no sense... :S

I basically wanted to say it's a shame that research will only be self-funded studies due to the cheap nature of the drug. It would be nice if cancer could be cured with just a drink. :)

craigix posted on Feb 4 2007 at 11:16 AM said:
I've got a better idea, Hollywood remakes 'Innerspace' with Eugene Levy shrunk down and sent in to kill all the cancers.

At the end there is a giant explosion and a twist - it is infact Eugene Levy who is dead and thus Hollywood is saved from its own cancer.
ahahaa

Come on, Eugene levy isn't that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 4 2007 at 11:21 AM said:

ahahaa

He's fallen a long ways from his SCTV days. I'm not sure how many Americans or Europeans saw that show, but he was pretty good on it.

Ravnos posted on Feb 4 2007 at 02:50 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 4 2007 at 11:21 AM said:

ahahaa

He's fallen a long ways from his SCTV days. I'm not sure how many Americans or Europeans saw that show, but he was pretty good on it.
I own a few of the seasons and agree that he was pretty good.

DaveC posted on Feb 4 2007 at 03:01 PM said:
Deleted User posted on Feb 4 2007 at 03:59 PM said:

It is bogus.

If it weren't some drug company somewhere would pick it up and sell it.
Did you read the article dave? That's the point; no one wants to because they cannot profit from it. It's cheap to make.

This isn't necessarily bogus. Do a google search. Look up dichloroacetate on wikipedia and see what it says.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 4 2007 at 08:11 PM said:
DaveC posted on Feb 4 2007 at 03:01 PM said:
Deleted User posted on Feb 4 2007 at 03:59 PM said:

It is bogus.

If it weren't some drug company somewhere would pick it up and sell it.
Did you read the article dave? That's the point; no one wants to because they cannot profit from it. It's cheap to make.

This isn't necessarily bogus. Do a google search. Look up dichloroacetate on wikipedia and see what it says.

Yeah, yeah.

And the perpetual motion free energy generator that was mentioned by some hoaxster before was kept quiet and bought out by big oil companies to sell gas.

George Bush blew up the twin towers to get re-elected.

Meh, I don't buy these conspiracy theories. If this cure was real and that easy to make SOMEONE would pick it up somewhere.

DaveC posted on Feb 4 2007 at 01:34 PM said:
Yeah, yeah.

And the perpetual motion free energy generator that was mentioned by some hoaxster before was kept quiet and bought out by big oil companies to sell gas.

George Bush blew up the twin towers to get re-elected.

Meh, I don't buy these conspiracy theories. If this cure was real and that easy to make SOMEONE would pick it up somewhere.
I hate to break it to you, but the University of Alberta is not two rednecks in a shack with a typewriter, it's one of the best universities in Canada. Maybe you should do as dcgm suggests and actually look into it. Otherwise you might come off as ignorant.

DaveC posted on Feb 4 2007 at 03:34 PM said:
Meh at I don't buy these conspiracy theories. If this cure was real and that easy to make SOMEONE would pick it up somewhere.

Looks interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichloroaceta...er_applications

Although this indicates that DCA could some day be used in humans as a therapy against cancer, clinical trials of the effect of DCA on humans with cancer have not started yet.[8] An article in New Scientist[8] Original article appeared in the journal Cancer Cell.[9] magazine suggests that clinical trials may require public funding, as the lack of a patent reduces the incentive for any company to invest in research.

I think that we shouldn't write things off as conspiracy theories just because they seem unimaginable or improbable. Especially if there's supporting evidence that something may be true. We don't like to think that there are bad people in positions of authority, but there are. People are people no matter their station. Power attracts the corruptible. Of course, there are also good, well-meaning people who understand what it means to serve the public trust.

That may be bogus but there is a medically proven device that has, really, cured some people of their cancers.

I forget the details exactly though some research would easily find it if anyone wants me to elaborate, but about a decade ago two leading researchers into aids at Einstein University (yes, really it is called that I think) patented a device in America which would take the blood out of a human being, apply a specific type of electrical signal to it at a set polarity and so on, then return the blood back into the body.

They even published papers in the US medical papers and attended the big aids symposium back then so it is easy enough to verify.

A guy called Doctor Robert Beck took the idea and worked out a way to do what they did but without needing to apply the charge outside the patient and out of his own money tests were conducted which did cure people and some non European clinics use the process.

It is supposed to help treat specifically illnesses caused by biological intervention, bacteria basically, so does work on a range of problems.

The electrical signal must be applied to a specific level and frequency but I`ve used it and it does make you feel a lot better after about a week or so, so maybe there is something in it.

All I know is that the guy who developed the final version gave away all the designs to anyone who wants to build one for free, never charged a penny for his work, and used it himself and that many people claim it has helped so who knows?

mentalmummy posted on Feb 6 2007 at 12:34 PM said:
That may be bogus but there is a medically proven device that has, really, cured some people of their cancers.

A guy called Doctor Robert Beck took the idea and worked out a way to do what they did but without needing to apply the charge outside the patient and out of his own money tests were conducted which did cure people and some non European clinics use the process.

Seems like it might be quackery from what I've seen: http://www.energetic-[ spam word ].net/Bob%20Beck.html. Do you have any links with credible information?

mentalmummy posted on Feb 6 2007 at 12:34 PM said:
The electrical signal must be applied to a specific level and frequency but I`ve used it and it does make you feel a lot better after about a week or so, so maybe there is something in it. All I know is that the guy who developed the final version gave away all the designs to anyone who wants to build one for free, never charged a penny for his work, and used it himself and that many people claim it has helped so who knows?

Yeah, but people think voodoo works, and so it does to some extent. People buy those silly copper Q-ray bracelets, too.

saehn posted on Feb 4 2007 at 09:29 PM said:
I think that we shouldn't write things off as conspiracy theories just because they seem unimaginable or improbable. Especially if there's supporting evidence that something may be true. We don't like to think that there are bad people in positions of authority, but there are. People are people no matter their station. Power attracts the corruptible. Of course, there are also good, well-meaning people who understand what it means to serve the public trust.

Well I do know there are alot of bad people out there (just look at our U.S. president and vice pres, Killing is our business, and business is good).

But for this to be held back EVERYONE has to be bad. Other wise all it takes is ONE good person to make this happen if it were real. I have a hard time believing that everyone that could make this available is bad, it just doesn't make sense.

DaveC posted on Feb 6 2007 at 01:17 PM said:
Well I do know there are alot of bad people out there (just look at our president and vice - US).

But for this to be held back EVERYONE has to be bad. Other wise all it takes is ONE good person to make this happen if it were real. I have a hard time believing that everyone that could make this available is bad, it just doesn't make sense.

I understand your objection, but I wasn't trying to make the point to which you seem to be objecting. :)

I don't necessarily believe that groups are deliberately, explicitly holding back research on this drug. I only note that the drug itself is interesting, and that's judging from the experimental results obtained. The researcher noted that there would likely be little commercial interest in any clinical human testing, since there would probably be no significant profit in producing a drug whose patent had expired.

So, maybe call it a passive conspiracy based on capitalist interests. ;)

Read this:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2007/01/...interpreted.php

".........
Yes, it's very easy and satisfying to take this promising preliminary study and build from it a conspiracy theory of evil big pharma "keeping cures from the people." It's just not very accurate and it adds too much heat and noise to the debate over the real shortcomings in our system of developing new drugs that make drug companies reluctant to pursue research on drugs that show promise but little profit potential. There are real, systemic problems with the financing of drug development and how drugs are marketed, but hyperbole and conspiracy theories don't address these problems; they obscure them.

Look for DCA to be featured as yet another cure "they" don't want you to know about in Kevin Trudeau's next book.
"

Conspiracy theories :rolleyes: Meh.

Come on, DaveC. You're making me think that you don't read everything I write. :D Either that, or perhaps you've already decided that I'm a "conspiracy theorist". Please do not confuse me with the creator of this thread---I am merely a commentor.

I essentially agree with your quoted reference. Good article. I don't think there's necessarily some evil conglomerate. It's not a cure, it's chemical that could be used for treatment. Like I wrote, I don't think pharm companies are doing it actively. Like the original researcher said, there's no money it it for them. He tested on human tumors inserted into rats, and got positive results. The drug has fallen out of patent, so there's no financial impetus to investing in human testing. Not for one second did I mention direct suppression. The "passive conspiracy" part I wrote at the end was just a joke, hence the winkey. Look at what's said in your article:

I'm not in any way saying that it isn't a problem that drug companies show little or no interest in potentially promising new compounds that they can't patent. It can be a problem, just as "orphan" drugs often don't make it to market because there aren't enough patients who could benefit from the them to make it profitable for drug companies to invest in developing and marketing them.

"Conspiracy theory" is just one of those buzz-phrases overused by the media to discredit (sometime rightfully so) unconventional ideas. I think we should address each idea individually, and not immediately write it off based on our prejudices.

So, in summation: it may be that I don't disagree with you, but we perhaps have different methods of approaching new ideas. :)

Seinfeld. Season 1, episode 4 Male Unbonding

KRAMER: Oh, they've got a cure for cancer. See, it's all big business..

Back