Anyone have trouble with a sandisk 32 gig class 2 sdhc card?

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Hi. I was backing up my other sd card with my 32 gig card. Strangely all my music and video files become garbled or dont transfer properly. My emulators and other files transfer fine. My other card is a transcend 16 gig class 6 sdhc card. All the movie and music files transfer to this card fine. I formatted my 32 gig card with the panasonic sd card formatter. The options in the card formatter program are quick, full erase or overwrite.There is also an option for size adjustment. Do i need to use any of these options? I think its something to do with the card.

Please can you test the offending card with H2Testw (Microsoft Windows, but works with WINE on x86 Linux as well) or F3 (open source alternative, for Linux)?

It will take a while, but it should determine whether the card is fake or faulty, which would explain this behaviour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please can you test the offending card with H2Testw (Microsoft Windows, but works with WINE on x86 Linux as well) or F3 (open source alternative, for Linux)?

It will take a while, but it should determine whether the card is fake or faulty, which would explain this behaviour.
Ok downloading h2 testw now. Ok its writing and verifying now. Any need to select endless verify?edit. Looks like it will take a while for this operation.Will let you know if it works or not.Thanks

So i scanned the card with H2testw on prometheuses recommendation and here are the results.

Looks like its defective. Bought it on play.com too.They are usually reliable

The media is likely to be defective.

3.4 GByte OK (7173050 sectors)

27.5 GByte DATA LOST (57846854 sectors)

Details:27.5 GByte overwritten (57819307 sectors)

0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)

13.4 MByte corrupted (27547 sectors)

1 MByte aliased memory (2048 sectors)

First error at offset: 0x00000000dad78000

Expected: 0x00000000dad78000

Found: 0x00000007c0378000

H2testw version 1.3

Writing speed: 3.10 MByte/s

Reading speed: 6.00 MByte/s

H2testw v1.4

Ok, that's not defective - it's fake. It's the result I expected, unfortunately.

Did you buy it from Play.com, or from a third-party seller selling their goods via Play.com? If the latter, that definitely explains it. (And if the former, then fakes have gotten into the supply chain somewhere along the line.)

Ok, that's not defective - it's fake. It's the result I expected, unfortunately.

Did you buy it from Play.com, or from a third-party seller selling their goods via Play.com? If the latter, that definitely explains it. (And if the former, then fakes have gotten into the supply chain somewhere along the line.)
Damn. It could have been a third party seller.I dont remember. The card feels very light and spongy not like my other card. Its a fake i guess.Oh well have to be more careful next time.

You should at least complain to both the 3party seller (if it was one), and play.com.

Back