Anyone Got One Of These?

I saw one of these in a store in toronto. $100. But all of the games on it were those cheap nes knockoffs, like on the vgmax game systems. There is no 3d racing game like in the picture.

Also, there is no ability to load executables, so whatever it comes with is all (for programs that is).

mth411 posted on Feb 17 2007 at 11:31 PM said:
Also, there is no ability to load executables, so whatever it comes with is all (for programs that is).

Isn't that the fun part, working out how to run homebrew on it? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
RockOut posted on Feb 18 2007 at 02:36 PM said:
The company that makes it is the People's Republic of China (which happens to function as a communist regime as well). :(

Support democracy, do not buy this.
Careful, you might get banned :)

AcidiC posted on Feb 17 2007 at 10:27 PM said:
RockOut posted on Feb 18 2007 at 02:36 PM said:
The company that makes it is the People's Republic of China (which happens to function as a communist regime as well). :(

Careful, you might get banned :)
yeah, isn't bad mouthing China Shikaku's (not sure if I spelled that right) problem..

Squidge posted on Feb 17 2007 at 11:57 PM said:
mth411 posted on Feb 17 2007 at 11:31 PM said:

Isn't that the fun part, working out how to run homebrew on it? :)

I agree.

There is no brand as such, but it actually looked and felt quite nice, metallic not plasticky.

I might consider one if I can find out it can run more than nes.

that toy is an ordinary cheap chinese mp4 player with iirc NES, SNES and GB emulator hardcoded in bios. you need to put roms in nes/sfc files on certain directory into built in memory of that toy to enable emulator run games.

This is very very cheap thing, not worth buying

I have a much inferior MP4 player of that kind. It seems that they ship the blueprints and licenses to alot of companies. So they are different branded but are all nearly the same with some small changes here and there.

They are build to be very inexpensive and are ok if you don't have high ambitions. Mine can play mp3/wma and a kind of video format suited for the low end processor in it (z80 based?). It has FM playback/recording as well as recording audio via mic (included).. the usual features for an mp3 player.

There is a site dedicated to mod those players and even to introduce a custom firmware. I lost contact to those so i dont know where they came to nowadays.

http://s1mp3.org/en/

and of course a wiki associated with

http://wiki.s1mp3.org/index.php/Main_Page

You can even find a wikipedia entry about those

(german) http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/S1MP3

hey, just because noone mentioned this before: this does not belong into the gp2x board and should be moved to offtopic.

also: when i saw the title first thing that came to my mind was "shit, this is another one of shikaku's penis threads"... lol

back to topic: have a look at the board mate, we have discussed millions of these devices and every single one is absolute crap. don't buy it.

RockOut posted on Feb 18 2007 at 05:36 AM said:

Eh? 99% of electronics is manufactured in China these days. :)

It runs Linux! details below. CPU Chip could be 400Mhz

MP4, Game Player, Fujitsu CPU, Samsung 4inch TFT 16:9

Formats supported: Mpeg1, Mpeg4, Divx (3.11, 4.x, 5.x), Xvid, WMV (7, 8), AVI, ASF, WMV etc. Subscript simultaneous Display. With high performance components from well known manufacturers, combining great design, the latest technology, and high performance, this wholesale product will exceed your expectations.

# Game Functions
# Build in Flash 512MB
# SD Card (16MB~1GB)

China Manufacturer specifications

Video Player
Formats supported: Mpeg1, Mpeg4, Divx (3.11, 4.x, 5.x), Xvid, WMV(7, 8), AVI, ASF,
WMV etc. Subscript simultaneous Display
Audio Player
Formats supported: WAV, MP3, MP3 pro, WMA, AAC, OGG, ASF etc.
Video Recorder
Recording under MP4 format is supported, QVGA 15fp
Audio Recorder
With built-in microphone / Line-in, directly recorded into MP3 format
Photo Review
Supports JPEG / BMP / PNG / TIFF / GIF cartoon formats
Game Functions
FC Emulator retro classic games are supported(Included an can Download)
File Management
File operations as delete, cut, and copy are supported, File copy between different
Memory devices are supported
Text Review
Reading of txt format files are supported
Clock Function
World time and Calendar

Technical Specifications:

# CPU: Fujitsu FRV461.
# Display: Samsung 4” TFT 16:9, 480*272 pixels, TV: 720*408 pixels.
# Memory: NAND Flash, SD Card extension slot.
# Power: DC Adaptor 5V, Built-in Li-ion Battery, Built-in Charging protection.
# Input: USB device, A/V in, Built-in Microphone, Line-in.
# Output: A/V out, Earphone, Built-in Stereo Speaker.
# Adaptor: Input AC 100~240V, Output 5V 2A.
# Power Consumption: 1.5W.
# Memory: NAND Flash 512MB, SD Card (16MB~ 1GB).
# System: Linux, System Start-up Time 12s.
# Battery: Li-ion, 3.7V, 2,000mAH.

Fujitsu Launches FRV Multimedia Processor-Based Digital Recorder Box Solution

Shanghai, February 20, 2006 — Recently Fujitsu Microelectronics (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., announced that it would provide clients with the digital recorder box solution, which uses the FRV multimedia processor chip of Fujitsu Micro Electronics with powerful processing capacity, multiple video formats support and integration of rich external interfaces.

FRV-based digital recorder box solution of Fujitsu adds record function to the products such as TV, STB and DVD, enabling users to record their favorite audio and visual content to memory cards such as MS, SD or mini-SD, then replay them on handhold equipments including PSP, PDA or handset. Digital recorder box solution solves the problem of limited time of television program for users, letting users enjoy their favorite audio and visual content anytime and anywhere.

Mr. Andy Chang, Deputy GM of Marketing Department of Fujitsu Micro Electronics (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., noted, “ Digital audio and visual market development requires the semi-conductor manufacturers to provide more individualized products. FRV multimedia processor-based digital recorder box solution launched by Fujitsu is helpful for users to realize really “anytime, anywhere” enjoyment of audio and visual content, conforming to the all-directional market demand for personal multimedia recreational electronic products.

FRV product series of Fujitsu Microelectronics are highly integrated embedded multimedia microprocessor, with the double parallel VLIW framework of Fujitsu. Among them, FRV461, with the operation frequency of 400MHz and the peak value performance up to 800MIPS or 3200MOPS+400MIPS, is equipped with FR405 processor core, MMU and companion chip; FRV423 owns the same processor framework, whose operation frequency can also reach 266MHz. FRV is capable of executing integer algorithm and multimedia processing double command, integrating the functions of CPU and DSP, built-in DMAC as well as peripheral equipments (including image and voice input and output) to build SoC, and achieving low power consumption by means of frequency conversion function, sleep function, and supporting for low power circuit.

High speed CPU is the guarantee for high performance, while the programmable media processor is the guarantee for audio and visual processing. FRV mainly features powerful VLIW CPU processing performance and favorable extensibility. Relying on high speed of FRV multimedia processor chip, powerful multimedia processing performance and good extensibility, FRV-based digital recorder box solution supports MP4 and ASF file formats, and multiple audio and visual formats including MPEG-4, H.263, MP3, WMA, JPEG and TIFF, with its display quality of VGA size, and record quality of QVGA size.

FRV-based digital recorder box solution launched by Fujitsu this time indicates the development strategy of Fujitsu Micro Electronics to continuously provide individualized products and quality service for China market and bravely expand China market business based on the evolution of market demand.

^ we have a prototype handheld running that soc, it is too slow to be any advantage over the gp2x.

We have snes and nes running on it, however the bundled mplayer port is pretty well done.

Plus it is widescreen and has a non replaceable battery. Bah.

Back