Anyone Got A Ps3 Yet ?

Dave it's really the same with every console launch. The wii only has Zelda as a decent game. That's it.

When the 360 was released it only had maybe 1 decent game iirc. It's still lacking quite a bit. Oblivion, dead rising, and gears of war are the only excellent games out atm. Considering how long it's been out, that's pretty lousy.

As I said, give it time. In the next couple of months we'll be seeing some high quality games. Count on it.

Dave it's really the same with every console launch. The wii only has Zelda as a decent game. That's it.

When the 360 was released it only had maybe 1 decent game iirc. It's still lacking quite a bit. Oblivion, dead rising, and gears of war are the only excellent games out atm. Considering how long it's been out, that's pretty lousy.

As I said, give it time. In the next couple of months we'll be seeing some high quality games. Count on it.

Well, I'm not counting on it. I like my XBox 360, but it's online stuff is it's saving grace. Oblivion is great (haven't tried GOW yet) but everything else is mainly FPS and not any better than Gamecube or PS2 (Metroid Prime beats a lot of 360 games in every department). The most fun I have had is on the 360 is competing against my friends scores on Galaga, Pac Man, Marble Blast, etc and also playing Halo 2 and PGR2 multiplayer online. I think if it wasn't for the XBox live stuff, the 360 would be a very poor proposition indeeed, but as it is, it is terrific fun.

I suppose I have a love hate relationship with my xbox 360 at the moment. The games are generally crap but the online functions more than make up for it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should count on it! The PS3 has a plethora of excellent games pegged for release soon. Lair, MGS4, FFXIII, Heavenly Sword, and many others! All coming within the next few months.

If there's one thing Sony has been consistant with in regards to home consoles, it's the games library. They're always fantastic, and I'm sure the PS3 will be no exception :)

Well that now falls into just your opinion of what you like. The 360 had many decent games at launch, not AAA titles but decent games that took advantage of the hardware somewhat. Many of the launch titles at least had high res textures and high poly counts, and were not bad in other areas. They also had much more variety. They have alot now that are very good too, maybe just not what you want.

You seem biased because you only have a PS3 and Wii. I have a 360 and a PS3 but not the wii. I suppose eventually the PS3 will be good when they get stuff out. I was just suprised at the lack of titles, good or bad. I have Resistance but there is really nothing else out that is compelling. Motorstorm looks great but that won't be out for months.

@ Whizzbang if you think that the 360 games look no better than a gamecube or PS2 game you need to get your eyes checked. With 4x the resolution, much higher texture resolution and effects like normal mapping, parallax maps HDR lighting and AA it is not even close.

Huxley posted on Dec 31 2006 at 09:17 PM said:
Yeah, apart from the PS3 games that offer 1080p, in which case I'd imagine they'll look best at 1080p.

And 720p isn't automatically preferable to 1080i just because it's a 'native resolution'. Just choose what looks best to you...they're both pretty much the same thing.

What i am saying is 1080 is not going to magically add more resolution to a 720P game. All it does is scale it up. In the end that just ends up making it look more fuzzy like whan you scale up a GBA game to full size on the PSP.

DaveC posted on Dec 31 2006 at 11:54 PM said:
Well that now falls into just your opinion of what you like. They have alot now that are very good too, maybe just not what you want.
Apparently it's not what magazines want either, considering the low reviews all around. Let's keep it real man, there's very little that's decent available now. Certainly not enough taking into account the time it's had on the shelves at this point.

Perhaps I am a bit bias, however it is worth noting that I have an unplayed copy of Gears sitting here. I made the purchase from 2 different people, gears from one and a premium system from the other. Needless to say the system never arrived and there's now a dispute through paypal :angry:

I'll pick one up when I get a bit more money. My birthday is coming up in around a month or so, so maybe then. Just saying that I dont dislike MS or anything, as I intended to buy one but got screwed by some scammer :(

DaveC posted on Dec 31 2006 at 11:54 PM said:
Well that now falls into just your opinion of what you like. They have alot now that are very good too, maybe just not what you want.
Apparently it's not what magazines want either, considering the low reviews all around. Let's keep it real man, there's very little that's decent available now. Certainly not enough taking into account the time it's had on the shelves at this point.

Perhaps I am a bit bias, however it is worth noting that I have an unplayed copy of Gears sitting here. I made the purchase from 2 different people, gears from one and a premium system from the other. Needless to say the system never arrived and there's now a dispute through paypal :angry:

I'll pick one up when I get a bit more money. My birthday is coming up in around a month or so, so maybe then. Just saying that I dont dislike MS or anything, as I intended to buy one but got screwed by some scammer :(

Low reviews? Most of the reviews I have read are above average for most games on the 360. Most PS3 games have received very low reviews except Resistance. Resistance doesn't look any better than most 360 titles either graphics wise.

I don't think the PS3 sucks I just think Sony could have done better. Because it is Sony you would expect a kick-ass launch. It wasn't. They had too few units and too few decent launch titles. I guess it was just a let down after all of that Sony hype. The damn thing still hasn't solved and blown up my Rubik's Cube and it is only sitting 5" away. Pah! cell power my ass :p

lol

Yeah I hear you. I'm enjoying Resistance a great deal, so it's doing it's job of holding me off until some better titles are released.

Which games received above average reviews? Other than the 3 I listed, there's maybe 1 more that got a great review. Other than that, everything was reviewed as mediocre iirc

ive got them all and they are all good ! so ha haha . when you say motorstorm looks great but isnt out for months but it is out now ! in japan i believe ! RR7 is great to by the way !

You Can download Tekken 5 DR !!!! Just make a hong kong Account and only put $45 HKD in your wallet at a time
!! check pspupdates.com
Someone actually told me you coudl do it before but i was trying a US account and i coudlnt get it working BUT IT WORKS WITH A HONGKONG ONE !

Heres a video of me playin it ----->HERE

I'll get a PS3 when they smarten up, take the damn Blu-Ray out of it, and drop the price to $250.

Anyone who thinks increased disc space will lead to more content (instead of just prettier skins and far too many cutscenes. Xenosaga Squared!) probably believes in Santa Claus.

I'll get a PS3 when they smarten up, take the damn Blu-Ray out of it, and drop the price to $250.

Anyone who thinks increased disc space will lead to more content (instead of just prettier skins and far too many cutscenes. Xenosaga Squared!) probably believes in Santa Claus.
It's not really about more content it's about better quality content. Back when I first got a HDTV I used to download movies like mad for it (because there was a grand total of 1 HD channel on tv) and I remember getting a 1080 version of 2001 A Space Odyssey which clocked in at 19GB.

It's not really about more content it's about better quality content. Back when I first got a HDTV I used to download movies like mad for it (because there was a grand total of 1 HD channel on tv) and I remember getting a 1080 version of 2001 A Space Odyssey which clocked in at 19GB.

Meh. I still don't have an HDTV and probably won't get one until they completely replace SDTV (that is, when I can get a 27in' HDTV for $200 at Walmart). Most of the stuff I like to watch is only in standard and that looks like balls on HDs anyway.

Man, Resistance is getting hard. I must be near the end. I'm in Thames, I think the level is called On the Ice or something. What a pain. Fun though. This game is so damn solid.

Man, Resistance is getting hard. I must be near the end. I'm in Thames, I think the level is called On the Ice or something. What a pain. Fun though. This game is so damn solid.
Couldn't agree more. I just (finally) escaped from the northern command. I think the last cut scene before I saved and quit was of the angel.

Excellent game, and truly addicting. Plus I get virtually no motion-sickness like a traditional KB and mouse gives me (or the wii pointer equivalent). I wonder why exactly?

Back