Anyone Else Worried About Their Pandora Getten Stolen

Sisqo

Still Fresh
or lost, or have it during a rainy day and get water damage on your $330 console? Just wondering if I'm the only paranoid one on this board...

Yeah I'm bad about dropping stuff. I can imagine my Pandora will take a fall or 2 over a few years. I hope it can take a fall at least as well as my NDS (which ended up with a cracked hinge, but all the electronics and everything still worked.).

Theft, not so worried. I've had an iphone for a few months so far and never really came close to having someone take it.

Maybe just get it insured?

You can get insurance for almost anything. Me? I'm not worried as I'm going to take extra care of my pandora. I think even a wrist strap while playing isn't taking to many precautions. If it were possible i'd get a nice rubber case for it too. When is someone going to start manufacturing these nice accessories? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Only thing I am worried about is that it falls out of my coat pocket when I set it down and I don't notice it until a minutes after I put it back on

j.pickens said:
I'll just leave it inside the original packaging.
It will be worth more that way.

So, you are never going to open Pandora's box? I agree it's safer that way.

I will be using the lanyard hole and one of the extra Wiimote wrist straps for my Pandora to prevent this kind of thing. Unless OP sells one.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be the 2nd or 3rd dissenting voice, no, I'm not worried.
I live alone and nobody else ever hangs out in my room. The worst that could happen is I forget to plug it in and the battery runs down.
I just don't seem to lose things.

INSURANCE!, you probably have limited contents insurance on your house policy, that should cover damage, if you are worried about it getting stolen then take out some specific insurance for it, costs you pennies

personally, I don't lose stuff, or get it stolen, or break it, or lack the ability to repair it if I did, so it's a none issue for me, like the guy worried about losing it from his coat pocket, I have zips or stud flaps on mine, or it goes in my inside pocket, if you value something then you expect to have to take some care of it, you don't expect it to just "be there" no matter how careless or slipshod you are.

it should be obvious anyway, after all, batch one are RARE, you will be one of only one of <4000 people on the whole planet to own one. B)

My PSPs didn't get stolen, my NDS didn't get stolen, not even my last gen consoles like the GB, GBA etc. got stolen. So that the thing I'm least worried about.
However, my NDS was dropped (you could say accidently thrown / catapulted / launched) into a wall and the hinge broke. This would be my worst fear with the pandora.
Another thing I'm worried about is that the case might not be waterproof enough to be used while snowboarding or in heavy rain. My PSP already had some blackout from a slight bit of rain and I don't want that to happen to my pandora (Let alone the TI Voyage 200 where the large expansion port makes it almost impossible to use that device in rain without getting it wet from the inside).

I get paranoid about people breaking into my place and stealing it...so that's why I plan on taking Pandora with me everywhere I go...even the shower (wrapped in pastic, of course). :pandora2ut4: :wiz:

Hahaahahhahhahha!
I'd like to create a holster on my bikes to take it with me with the screen open.
Cars can watch DVDs - why can't I on a bike?

GO PANDORA!

Wow we live in a world of fear!

All the time I've had to ponder Pandora, I've been thinking about all the cool things I could be doing with it if I had it right now. I've not once started to worry about if it will get lost or stolen.

Is that because it's not likely? Well, no. Loosing things is one of the few areas I excel in. I'm shit hot at it. But what the hell is the point in worrying about it. All I can do is take any normal precautions to ensure it doesn't happen, and continue with life as normal.

Back