Anyone Else Got A-level Results Today

My GCSE results, going back a few years were 1 C, 5 D's and an E.

Pretty good considering I didn't turn up for some of the exams, those grades were mostly from course work, as I'd left school early to work as a Gameboy/colour programmer.

I did return to college at a later date though, then started a degree but left again for, well, GP32 distribution.

But hold on, are we seeing this right, Sam Fisher has beaten Orkie?

craigix said:
My GCSE results, going back a few years were 1 C, 5 D's and an E.

But hold on, are we seeing this right, Sam Fisher has beaten Orkie?
I had GCSE results closer to yours than to Nick or Goities. I had 2A's, 4B's, 5C's and 1D I think.

The Me vs Orkie thing isn't really as clear cut as that. It really depends how well you get on with each subject etc and though I got an overall higher average grade I did take one less subject.

Coincidentally I and Orkie will both be taking the same course at the same University :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Goity and nickspoon. What an educated lot.

Peter R said:
I had 2A's, 4B's, 5C's and 1D I think.

"And another vowel please Carol."

Peter R said:
Coincidentally I and Orkie will both be taking the same course at the same University :blink:

Do they know what they are letting themselves in for? ;)
It did make me think that in another thread some while back it was talking about the low odds of ever meeting another Pandora users to play games over wireless...

TaG said:
It did make me think that in another thread some while back it was talking about the low odds of ever meeting another Pandora users to play games over wireless...
Don't worry, we won't alter the statistics ;).

Sam Fisher and Orkie - social animals.

Orkie said:
Well I did get 12 A*s at GCSE, so I think I can be forgiven :D.

I hope I do as well as you did, you must be one smart orkie! (crap joke, I know, please don't kill me)
I'm up for 14... I didn't know that it's even possible, I only "took" four different lessons for GCSE level (ICT, Geography, Art Graphics, and Graphic Products, and the rest are all compulsory) and there is 3 in ICT, 1 in Geography, 1 in A.G, 1 in Graphic products, two in english, two in maths, three in science, and some wierd "adult numeracy and literacy GCSE" that I took at the end of last year which I got a pass in. I hate school. <_<

In EGE("edinui gosudarstvenui ekzamen" in Russia) I had two 5's(physics and math) and one 4(russian language) back in 2003. "5" is a max result in our educotional methrics.

quasist said:
In EGE("edinui gosudarstvenui ekzamen" in Russia) I had two 5's(physics and math) and one 4(russian language) back in 2003. "5" is a max result in our educotional methrics.
Sounds like AAB to me ;)

Back