Any Possibilty Of A Sharp X68000 Emulator

haribo

Still Fresh
Is there any possibilty this system could be ported to the WIZ?. i had a look at this the other day on my pc and for its age it ported some great arcade conversions, 1 or 2 even look arcade perfect (dragon busters for example) and it had some alternate gradius versions to those on mame and nintendo systems.

This topic was covered a while back on the gp2x but i think it was a little too advanced or tricky to emulate.

What are your thoughts on this??

here is a link with info on the system http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharp_X68000

bazza09 said:
Is there any possibilty this system could be ported to the WIZ?. i had a look at this the other day on my pc and for its age it ported some great arcade conversions, 1 or 2 even look arcade perfect (dragon busters for example) and it had some alternate gradius versions to those on mame and nintendo systems.

This topic was covered a while back on the gp2x but i think it was a little too advanced or tricky to emulate.

here is a link with info on the system http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharp_X68000

This is a really overlooked system in the emulation "community". There are many, many arcade perfect conversions, many of which are obscure or didn't make it to any other systems or did and sucked. Mat Mania is a good example. There is not one decent home version of it except for the x68000 which seems as close to arcade perfect as I notice and I have logged, many, many hours with that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
christo930 said:
bazza09 said:

This is a really overlooked system in the emulation "community". There are many, many arcade perfect conversions, many of which are obscure or didn't make it to any other systems or did and sucked. Mat Mania is a good example. There is not one decent home version of it except for the x68000 which seems as close to arcade perfect as I notice and I have logged, many, many hours with that game.

I had an initial look into acquiring some source code for a GP2X port but I just couldn't find anything suitable. That was over a year ago. If the situation has changed, I'd love to know as I'd still be interested in doing something about it.
I've tried buying a Sharp X68000 from eBay but they rarely turn up and never close to Australia so shipping is always a killer. So emulation is really the only choice.

As for Mat Mania, MAME4ALL does a pretty good job I think? ;-) Unless you particularly want to try a home PC variant? I'd love to try a wrestling game, but I honestly don't know what to do with them!

slaanesh said:
christo930 said:
bazza09 said:

I had an initial look into acquiring some source code for a GP2X port but I just couldn't find anything suitable. That was over a year ago. If the situation has changed, I'd love to know as I'd still be interested in doing something about it.

I am a novice at all this but i am picking things up as i go along. The source code you require to convert a port over to the wiz would you use the source code from a pc version??

Back