Any One Seen This?

Hey thats cool.. the idea of having a usb harddrive and a keyboard/mouse för the GP2X is indeed tempting. Will follow this as it progress..

Thanks for the news!

cool i missed that on hackaday (saw it on the mainpage here but missed it there havent looked for a few days)

i like the first pont on the comments section
1. Posted Feb 12, 2006, 1:20 PM ET by XyTec

kool i wish we could do they with a psp.

makes me feel all warm inside

beanfarmer posted on Feb 14 2006 at 12:23 PM said:
cool i missed that on hackaday (saw it on the mainpage here but missed it there havent looked for a few days)

i like the first pont on the comments section
1. Posted Feb 12, 2006, 1:20 PM ET by XyTec

kool i wish we could do they with a psp.

makes me feel all warm inside
Looooool :), morons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theoretically, with this cable you could attach any mass storage hard drive based MP3 player, correct?

cbox posted on Feb 14 2006 at 06:41 PM said:
Theoretically, with this cable you could attach any mass storage hard drive based MP3 player, correct?

yes

then it would be great if programs could detect external drives and browse them ,

that would change my life for trying games on the PSX emu with my 512Mo SD card ..... :D

cbox posted on Feb 14 2006 at 05:41 PM said:
it has to be SELF POWERED , in my iaudio X5 there is a "hub" mode for unpowered usb, but i guess without any power supply, a simple cardreader for example would not work on the gp2x, am i wrong?

Yes I believe it has to be self powered, for instance I have an Archos 20 gb video/mp3 player, that uses an internal rechargeable battery, that should work afaik.

are you sure? it is a powered cable. i'm sure he would have thought of this - he's a clever guy.

Pardon the obnoxious over-anxious question, but could this be potentially used for usb controllers one day? I still fantasize about the possibility of a breakout box of some kind to play the gp2x emulators on the tvout with two players....

Art103_breakout.png

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/USB_Host#Break_Out_Board

Holy shit that is crazy , if someone made that more portable and got the 5v off of double a batteries that would be amazing .

Imagine a product that used the same double a's we allready have to pull the 5 volt to power external usb devices . And had all those connectors , it would be sick . Gamepark should officially sell one .

well that could be half-sized easily, possibly quater-sized with a bit more skills and external connectors , and fit in a little box with a 5v rechargeable battery quite easily i think :D

You all seem to forget that what your talking about has already been done :)

Art103 has made a lead with usb host one end and ext connector on the other, and you can either power it externally via an adaptor, or have the usb powered from the gp2x (upto 100ma, so most likely not good enough for harddrives, but good enough for loads of other stuff, and possibly battery powered mp3 players like iPods).

So no, stuff need not be self powered anymore if it draws less than 100ma :) (or more if you use the external adaptor version)

Squidge posted on Feb 14 2006 at 09:30 PM said:

Art103 has made a lead with usb host one end and ext connector on the other, and you can either power it externally via an adaptor, or have the usb powered from the gp2x (upto 100ma, so most likely not good enough for harddrives, but good enough for loads of other stuff, and possibly battery powered mp3 players like iPods).

So no, stuff need not be self powered anymore if it draws less than 100ma :) (or more if you use the external adaptor version)

yay, i thought so. :D

Squidge posted on Feb 14 2006 at 09:30 PM said:
what i have seen yet is that :

Powered_HUB.jpg

it's a preview, but it's only a usb hub plugged to a connector for the gp2x :p

instead of this kind of onnectics
Art103_breakout.png

more complete ;)

Back