Any Idea How To Disable Nand Browsing?

FluffyPanda

I have 6 little blue things. W00t.
Website
www.fluffypanda.com
I was just wondering if any of the more enterprising GP2xers out there has been putting any thought into disabling the NAND/SD selector screen and skipping straight to the SD.

Apart from the fact that it's a completely useless screen it also slightly bugs me that I have to choose between NAND and SD when my SD cards are almost certainly NAND memory anyway...

What can I say? I'm a touchy techie, and a pedantic one at that :blink:

(p.s. we need a gp2x icon in the clickable smilies list on this site gp32_console )

i dont think anyone is really interested in firmware hacks until its all been fixed by GPH firmware patches? i think..cause you'd probably have to redo everything after each firmware

from the /proc/mtd map someone posted, it looks like they reserved somewhere in the neighborhood of 38 megs on the NAND chip that isn't part of the root filesystem, so it's possible they'll be giving access to that at some point. Could be a good place to install programs, if not necessarily data.

You can use the Nand memory. I've written to it in sterm. I actually copied sterm into the nand memory to try and mount an sd card after removing it and putting it back in. It's nice having sterm on the machine.

**EDIT**
I believe the path to the nand memory is in /mnt/nand/

I've read on the GPH site that they will fix acces to the NAND in later firmware updates.
I cant say for sure if it's happening though, just that they mentioned something about that they haven't allowed acces to the NAND in this early stage of the firmware within the gp2x menu.

Back