Any Decent Flight Sims For Pandora?

Gruso, looks like you have yourself a little gem! Nice find and only cost $20 is a awesome bargain! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
That DOES look kinda cool - great find for $20. Also makes me think tha tPandora (with dual analogue nubs) might be better for flight simulating than I'd thought.

I liked the old DOS game Knights of the Sky, it was fun playing against people over the old 1200 baud modem.

Middo said:
DosDOX

2i9jfde.png

'fischju2000' said:
Flight simulators will destroy the Pandora's processing power, there should be some good and playable arcade flight games though.

That completely depends on the flight simulator. Before Microsoft bought it and re-branded it as MSFS, I was playing "Flight Simulator II" on my AppleIIe.

The current version of Flight Gear would probably choke on Pandora, but it first came out in 1997, so perhaps an older version?

'lulzfish' said:
The problem I have is that flight simulators are extremely slow-paced and incredibly difficult unless you're the kind of person who can actually fly a plane.
I think that perhaps you've misunderstood the purpose of a flight simulator.

VRAndy said:
[quote name='fischju2000' date='Apr 11 2009, 05:33 PM'][quote name='lulzfish' date='Apr 11 2009, 06:35 PM']The problem I have is that flight simulators are extremely slow-paced and incredibly difficult unless you're the kind of person who can actually fly a plane.
I think that perhaps you've misunderstood the purpose of a flight simulator.

[/quote]

I was thinking of a flight game, not a flight simulator.
the problem I've had on PC flight sims is that all the controls are relative, with no return-to-center. I always ended up overshooting turns or flying just slightly up or something stupid.

If the Pandora has a flight sim with absolute controls, I might give it a shot.

lulzfish said:
the problem I've had on PC flight sims is that all the controls are relative, with no return-to-center. I always ended up overshooting turns or flying just slightly up or something stupid.

If the Pandora has a flight sim with absolute controls, I might give it a shot.
With mouse/keyboard controls in a proper flight sim, you can never have automatic return-to-center (ailerons, rudders, and elevators aren't just on/off kinds of things). But, considering the Pandora will have a pair of analogue joysticks that snap themselves to center, you should be in the clear.

'VRAndy' said:
'fischju2000' said:
Flight simulators will destroy the Pandora's processing power, there should be some good and playable arcade flight games though.

That completely depends on the flight simulator. Before Microsoft bought it and re-branded it as MSFS, I was playing "Flight Simulator II" on my AppleIIe.

Hehe, so did I.. I don't recall exactly which version it was (except that it was pre-MS), but the simulator was so good that when I was handled the controls of a real cessna for half an hour I had no problems handling it - all the instruments and controls worked just as I was used to (some slow, some fast, etc.) from the game.

The current version of Flight Gear would probably choke on Pandora, but it first came out in 1997, so perhaps an older version?

I ran flightgear on a 66MHz 486 with 16MB RAM many years ago. It barely ran, but the Pandora is definitely better than that..

'Gruso' said:
'fischju2000' said:

That's a big call. I used to run MS Flight Sim on my IBM XT in 1991. There'll be something out there to suit Pandora.

So I wasn't the only one with a pirate copy of MS Flight 1.0, or whatever it was called. The graphics were terrible by today's standards, but it was kind of an interesting play.

Personally though, I'd rather have Terminal Velocity available for arcade play. And from the looks of it that's not necessarily unreasonable, it's just requiring a 486DX2/66 and a whopping 24 megs of ram.

Battle of Britain
CODE
http://liberatedgames.com/game.php?game_id=49

Enemy Engaged: Comanche Hokum
CODE
http://liberatedgames.com/game.php?game_id=27

Would be nice to see somebody eventually make use of these source releases for Linux.

Rowan's BoB is open source?! I had no idea. Brilliant.

I'm really (REALLY) looking forward to playing Lucasarts BoB: Their Finest Hour in DOSBox. Getting it -almost- playable on the GP2X was so awesome.

In other news, I accidentally bought an Atari ST on the weekend. Can't wait to try the RC chopper sim.

Well.. my 2 cents:

As I remember, Sierra gave for free DOS version of "Red Baron"... It was real fun!
Accidentally, I just watched movie few hours ago.
Hell, Blue Max @ C64 rulz! >:)

Back