Any Chance Of Locking Gp2x With A Code ?

Dorian Grey

Still Fresh
It would be nice to set an option that can be disabled/enable so when the device boots
up, you have to enter a 5 digit code of either numbers and letters to start the device.

That way if you feel so inclined in your environment, the device will be useless to any
thief or mugger.

Anybody else want this feature ?

I do not know much about Linux boot process, but this would be nice. Unless the thief is
extremely technically minded, it would then be useless.

DG.

I do not know much about Linux boot process, but this would be nice. Unless the thief is extremely technically minded, it would then be useless.

Regards doing this on a GP2X,

Not 100% sure I see the point, after all a 'thief' with Google could reflash the file system easily enough and they are VERY unlightly to give it back. You don’t have to be that tech-savvy to use Google after all.

However technically it's really quite easy to do, you could pop a script on the NAND and a little app and call it from /etc/profile or make use of the startup script stuff that will make its way into community kernels in time. All you would really need is somebody to code a simple app that did not return until the correct keys where pressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back