Any Case News?

Remember that our top priority is still that even the first unit will NOT have such flaws as the GP2X First Edition had. We want to ensure that you'll all be confident - even if we risk some guys jumping off the project by causing delays with some changes.
That one poll where most of you selected to wait for the Pandora until it's ready (regardless how long is take) did show us we're on the right way by making the system perfect. And we all do appreciate and thank you for being with us :)

I hope that does clear some stuff up :)

Personally I don't care that much about progress and status videos or blog entries. The one thing I do care about is receiving the quality product I paid for. If it is in July, that would be fantastic but if I need to wait until November for perfection that is fine by me.

Reassuring words, thanks ED.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be sad if it takes until November, because I bought when the dollar was lower. :p

But I'm sure that'll be replaced with happiness once I get it. :)

Thanks for the update!

I usually try to stay out of these sorts of threads, but I think it's important for me to say thankyou very much for the update, ED. It is very much appreciated. :)

Remember that our top priority is still that even the first unit will NOT have such flaws as the GP2X First Edition had. We want to ensure that you'll all be confident - even if we risk some guys jumping off the project by causing delays with some changes.
I have been grateful for this since the very beginning. I had a First Edition GP2X (and that's precisely why I usually don't comment in threads like this - I absolutely don't care about having to wait). :p

what was wrong with the first gp2x?
The GP2X F100... especially the pre-order ones suffered from some pretty severe build quality issues. Like... the headphone jack becoming so recessed into the plastic you couldn't plug headphones into it properly, and the power/battery lights being so far recessed that you couldn't see them even in a pitch black room. Little things... :)

Thanks for the update ED! Hopefully that will calm people down for at least 23.6 hours. ;)

The GP2X F100... especially the pre-order ones suffered from some pretty severe build quality issues. Like... the headphone jack becoming so recessed into the plastic you couldn't plug headphones into it properly, and the power/battery lights being so far recessed that you couldn't see them even in a pitch black room. Little things... :"]
[/quote]Yep... I spent HOURS fixing all those F100 I had to send out... it was horrible.
You needed to change a resistor within all the units, fix the headphone jack, remove a pad which caused a visual blob on the screen...
Naaaah, I'd rather lose all my money instead of doing THAT all over again for all the Pandoras :)

Last edited:
The GP2X F100... especially the pre-order ones suffered from some pretty severe build quality issues. Like... the headphone jack becoming so recessed into the plastic you couldn't plug headphones into it properly, and the power/battery lights being so far recessed that you couldn't see them even in a pitch black room. Little things... :"]
Yep... I spent HOURS fixing all those F100 I had to send out... it was horrible.
You needed to change a resistor within all the units, fix the headphone jack, remove a pad which caused a visual blob on the screen...
Naaaah, I'd rather lose all my money instead of doing THAT all over again for all the Pandoras :)

wow...now i understand the case has to be proved OK :)

i really love hearing more and more about the work involved. its rare to follow a product from start to finish finding out the in's and out's of manufacturing a product that alone is fascinating :)
glad things are moving forward, i even told the guy at the chinese resturant tonite who seams to be a gaming gadget nutter like me im sure he could be swayed into getting a panda :)

Personally I prefer the way ID Software always does it: "When It's Done!"
well known words...but did ID ever finishd their "DN4E"-Job? ;)
I hope "When It's Done!" will never be a Pandora releated phrase!

...Remember that our top priority is still that even the first unit will NOT have such flaws as the GP2X First Edition had. ...
This shouldn't be that hard. :lol:

Well, it slightly feels like even APPLE made less Prototypes for their i-whatever devices or Nintendo for their Handhelds, like you guys did for the Pandora. :D

Many thanks ED - great post, as usual. Calming and informative, it encourages one to think OP still have the right intent - to get it RIGHT! ;)

Updates should be about tricking us into being happy while TECHNICALLY not saying anything that's untrue
Um....?
I think he meant to say "Updates should NOT be about tricking us into being happy..."

Or at least I hope so. :huh:

Yeah, that's my thought/hope too ;)

It's worked pretty well for them so far. ED didn't really give any information we hadn't already been able to glean, he just confirmed what was suspected and said "more is to come" and everyone is happy.
A lot of his blog posts were the same: confirming what was already known or suspected, sometimes adding a picture or three. And always it was "finally, some information!"
The whole thing is making me cynical again. :(

It's worked pretty well for them so far. ED didn't really give any information we hadn't already been able to glean, he just confirmed what was suspected and said "more is to come" and everyone is happy.
A lot of his blog posts were the same: confirming what was already known or suspected, sometimes adding a picture or three. And always it was "finally, some information!"
The whole thing is making me cynical again. :(
Yeah, but confirming what the situation is rather than us bleating on about different ways to interpret Craig's mystic mutterings is actually quite valuable in and of itself IMHO. It's not that EDs posts are without gaps, but they DO tend to be longer, more detailed and actually clearer than many other updates we get even though English is obviously not his first language. Or perhaps BECAUSE of that?

He also had good "Tone". He comes across as friendly and helpful, not puckish ;)

Back