Another Usb Problem

Hijuda

Still Fresh
Hey, I got my new GP2X recently. It's nice and all, but when I try to connect it to my PC, it's not recognized as a removable media device. I have a 1 GB card inserted that I purchased from Lik-Sang. Because of this, I have not been able to format my card, and I haven't been able to play any games. Can anyone help?

WhizzBang posted on Feb 11 2006 at 02:02 PM said:
When you connected your GP2x to your computer and switched the GP2x on, did you then select Setting > USB?

Of course. I checked the manual and tried many different strategies before coming here for help.

EDIT: On second thought, there was one thing I hadn't tried... what am I supposed to do with the USB MON utility that I've heard about? People say it works for them, but I wasn't able to figure out what to do with it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hijuda posted on Feb 11 2006 at 05:28 PM said:
Hey, I got my new GP2X recently. It's nice and all, but when I try to connect it to my PC, it's not recognized as a removable media device. I have a 1 GB card inserted that I purchased from Lik-Sang. Because of this, I have not been able to format my card, and I haven't been able to play any games. Can anyone help?

I got mine on Friday (10/2) I had some problems at first.

The pc saw it when I plugged it in via the USB but only when it had a card in the slot. (The card was new and not formatted)

PC detected it but it did not come up in windiws, I went to MMC (start/run/mmC) loaded in the device management add in and the card was assigned to drive L but not showing as not formatted.

Formatted it using mmc via the usb cable but it must have not worked.

In the end formatted card via card reader in PC.

Try that if you have one if not I woudl suggest getting one.

After that no problems apps on and all running...

Hope this helps..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since I happened to go to Best Buy today, I was able to pick up a pretty cheap card reader. Works fine, so I'm happy :).

Back