Another Guru Nomination

donny662

Website
Visit site
I have been following the Hw Accelerated Sdl thread over in the developer's corner since it was started. Throughout the thread, I have been very impressed with paeryn's intelligence, skill, and dedication. He has made it possible for homebrew developers to quickly and easily use the 2D hardware, which was one of the selling points of the GP2X. pepone reported that switching to the hardware accellerated SDL has given gngeo a boost of about 5fps in at least one of the builds, I think. Also, paeryn is continually working with developers, who have been implementing his SDL version, to fix bugs and release updates quickly.

In short, paeryn deserves guru status because he has updated SDL so applications can run faster and consume less power and more complex applications can be ported or developed easily.

I was really surprised to find he hasn't been nominated for guru status yet.

I'm going to PM hando; I just wanted let anyone else show their appreciation for paeryn's work too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also impressed with paeryn. His work has helped many an app, and he's always ready to help if something goes wrong. An asset to the community indeed. Give him my vote.

If by guru you mean someone that knows a lot about something, then you have my vote for Paeryn as a GP2X guru.

EDIT: But I still say that he should get a "GP2X Guru" icon and not a "GP32 Guru" one.

Holy shit he isn't a guru!
He has probably done more than lots of devs who have guru status here?!

I also like the idea of a separate GP2X icon. In the mean time, I hope you wouldn't mind sharing the same icon :) .

Blushes
Cheers for all your comments (cheques are in the post :) )
Thanks to everyone that've been testing it... I'm sorry the updates have been a bit slow recently, but I'm going to be working on it all night tonight (just got to pop over to see a friend first.)
It's a pleasure to be involved with such a good community!

Done :) And it's gp32x.de guru not GP32 only. I am going to change that icon for something more obvious soon.

Welcome to the club, Paeryn. Did Hando send you the password to the ultra-cool VIP area, yet?

Hando: I thought it was mentioned before that it was "GP32x Guru" but I still like to nitpick because the icon says "GP32 Guru." :)

Thanks... Suppose I'd better get some more work done on it now hadn't I?
<Checks diary...>
Nope - don't have to be anywhere in the morning. One all-nighter coming right up :)

Check your inbox for the invitation to our private suite. Filled with every game console and video game ever manufactured. And a good quantity of alcohol :)

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 14 2006 at 01:31 AM said:
no weed? POO
go get an mri scan and find out the circumreference of your brain. you are that distance away from being banned

Back